I gave her a wide eye look, but she just shrugged her shoulders at me. I've never painted in my entire life. Why in the hell would she think of something like that for me?
"Can I take a message?" She asked him.

After a brief moment of silence, Chrissy hummed an okay into the phone and nodded. "Okay, I will do that. Buh-bye"

She hung up. Finally, I let out a breath that I've been holding in since I heard Chrissy say his name. I stayed silent until she sat down in her seat again and picked up her newspaper.

"He asked if your hand was alright." She told me. "By the looks of it, I don't think it's broken." She chuckled.

"No, it's not broken. I just popped it out of place." I simply explained, but Chrissy looked up from her paper and curled the side of her lip into a smirk.

"Who popped it back into place? The doctor or Nikki?" She used her free hand and shook it side to side at a fast pace.

I gawked at her in astonishment. "First of all, fuck off." I chuckled. "Second, Nikki didn't do shit for me last night except give me a ride to the hospital then home."

"That's not what I heard at six in the morning." Chrissy chuckled.

"What you heard was me yelling at him to fuck off after he tried to walk me to our doorstep." I rolled my blue eyes, which seemed to be a habit of mine.

"Damn, girl." Chrissy mumbled between her lips. "I knew you didn't like Nikki but Christ, would it kill you to be nice to him?"

"Depends." I hummed, scooping my slightly soggy pieces of cereal on my spoon. "Are you going to abandon me at another party, like you did last night?"

She narrowed her eyes at me and let out a breath of disbelief. "I only did that because the fight was very overwhelming. It didn't help me at all that I saw your knuckle completely out a place. That shit was disgusting."

"You looked at it." I chuckled, taking a heaping spoonful of milk into my mouth.

I threw my spoon back into my bowl and lifted my hand that had medical wrap taped around my palm and waved it in front of her face.
"Wanna look at it again?" I giggled, making her snatch her newspaper on the table and swat it harshly at me.

"Knock it off!" She gritted her teeth, letting a small laugh escape.

Our friendship was something I cherished more than anything I had at that point. I was not worth shit, I didn't have parents or relatives to lean on for support, I only had my best friend helping me through everything.

Our friendship was nothing like no other. I would be so relieved when I would see her after a while -in fear that she had left just like everyone else- but when she would leave for work or something else, I would stay in my room and attempt to read a small novel in the dark.

After a few hours, Chrissy had left the house to go to work and I was left in nothing but silence. To pass the time, I read a novel in my small room that had meant to be a big storage closet. It was my favorite pastime other than watching Dick Van Dyke in the living room with the volume to the max.

Reading was a drug for me, other than eating and sleeping. I mostly read romance novels since I longed for the affection of a decent man, even though the only man I had an attraction to hates me to the point where he laughs at my torture. But nevertheless, my romance novels are there to save the day when I'm feeling more lonely than I do on any other given day.

It was now the evening. I knew the sun was setting because I could see it in my living room window past the very many buildings cornering my shared complex. Near the sun itself was a mix of pink and orange, but as it's rays spread out, it looked more of a burnt orange, setting fire to the clouds that would try to touch it. I could stare at it all day.

That was until an abrupt banging invaded my thoughts. I was surprised that the door didn't break from its hinges when the person knocked on it with their brute strength.

Bang, bang, bang, bang!

The person would knock again, but I swore their knocking had grown louder. I sighed out of annoyance at the person who interrupted the scene playing in my head of the characters, Heather and Brandon, from my favorite, The Flame and The Flower.

I angrily shut my book and threw it on the cushion next to me. I got up from the spot I was comfortable in and went to the door. I was brave enough to open the door to a random stranger, especially one who pounds on my door this hard. I unlocked the chain and threw it to the side out of frustration and swung the door open with great force.

"What!" I growled, staring into the person's green eyes.

As obvious as it was, Nikki stood in front of me with a smirk as gallantly as ever. He was lucky he didn't receive a hit from my hand. I wasn't afraid to go back to urgent care if I could give him a bloody nose and tell him to fuck off.

"I was just stopping by. Jesus fuckin' Christ is that such a crime?" He leaned against the door frame with his smirk. "I just wanted to see how you were doing after last night."

"I'm doing fine." I said simply with a scowl contorting my face, making him smile.

"Fuck, are you on your period or something?" He chuckled.

"No." I huffed, trying to release the tension but his remarks only infuriated me more.

"Well," His lips went back to his smirk. "In that case, would you wanna invite me inside so we can talk?"

I only cringed. As if in a million years would I ever let this man have sex with me after talking to me like how he was.

"I'm not buying what you're selling, Sixx." I narrowed my eyes at him.

I felt his eyes trailing down my loose shorts and practically glue themselves to my somewhat tight fitting shirt. I really wasn't expecting anyone to be laying their eyes on me today, so I didn't wear a bra underneath, but I did have the audacity to put underwear on.

"Awe, come on." I could hear the desperation in his voice.

I uncomfortably crossed my arms over my chest as best as I could and looked at Nikki with my scowl.
"Kindly piss off." I told him before taking my hand and slamming the door shut.

I could still hear him through the thin wood.
"Baby, come on." I heard him beg. "Have a sense of humor."

Why was he calling me 'baby'? I was nowhere near being his girlfriend or his nightly fling. More important question: Why in the hell was he bothering me and not the other girls of Los Angeles? I stared at the wood as he continued to speak to me.

"Come out, please. I was just coming by to see what you were up to. That's all."