Her - Chapter 1

Soho. A dark area of London. A place where most upper class families and tourists dreaded to end up in.
A place where only the drunkards and poor folks laid upon the dirty streets.

A young lower class girl by the name of [Y/N] [L/N] walked upon the streets of Soho, carrying old books she recently found on the barrier of Cavendish Square. She was suprised that her mother hadn't caught her with the books, otherwise, she'd be left to defend for herself. She hid them under her dress and continued walking.

[Y/N] was sixteen at the time, and didn't really have much to do except read and help her mother around the old crooked house. She was one of five children so her mother had no time for her so she helped around the house to show that she was better than her siblings however she never got the attention. She did it anyway.

With her dirty small dress waving in the wind, she skipped to her house to be greated with a paper thrown at her face by the paper boy. "Haha, catch next time, girly!!" He laughed as he ran off. [Y/N] growled and took the paper to her mother. "Mom!!! Mail!!" She said as her mother was doing the dishes.
"Mm." Her mother hummed as she grabbed the paper out of the girls small hands.
[Y/N] sighed and sat down at the table and settled the hidden books on her lap, still hidden by her dress.
"Mm, the famous Doctor Jekyll believes he can create a formula to separate good from evil. Pff, what a load of shit." She heard her mother mumble as she tossed the paper on the floor next to [Y/N].

She had read up on Doctor Jekyll in the past. Henry Jekyll, a young doctor and a strange man. Apparently his science is seen as "Scientific Balderdash". But [Y/N] did not believe that. As she reached down to grab the paper, her books slipped off her lap, onto the floor.

Everything went silent...

"[Y/N]...why do you have books?!"
Her mother shrieked. Suddenly her brother [B/N] walked in. "She was studying on 'Doctor' Jekyll!" He giggled.
Tears began to flood [Y/N]'s eyes and grabbed all the books before racing outside.
She heard her mother call her. She heard ruahing footsteps behind her, she heard everything. But no one was going to stop her from reading!

((THE FALLING OF LONDON BRIDGE AND THE J + H STORY WERE SET AT DIFFERENT TIMES BUT IMMA MERGE THEM BECAUSE I CAN!))

[Y/N] raced onto the bridge of London.
"GET BACK HERE!!!" Her mother called.

As soon as she got over the Bridge, it began to move...Crumble even. It seemed like...'London bridge is falling down'. Her mother screamed in shock before trying to run to the other side.

As [Y/N] turned to face her mother, a glimpse of something pure and silver caught her eye. In her mother's hand...There was....A knife.

"My mother was going to kill me.." She gasped as her mother fell along with the bridge. A long lasting scream went along with it and rang in her ears and all she could do was watch her mother's death. People gathered to watch, Upper to lower. It was like an execution. A ritual. A funeral.

[Y/N] cried along with her siblings she could see on the other side of the bridge.

"Hello. It's alright little one." A calm and soothing voice said from behind her. She turned around with her throbbing tear stained eyes.

A male, about in his late 30s gased at the girl with a smile and raised his hand up to the girl.

"You can trust me. I will take care of you."

"I am Henry Jekyll."