A Beginning and an End

Not Such a Merry Christmas

When the key no longer fits and the paper starts to drift away, you hear all the little sounds of scurrying mice. Mice whom do not have ears nor tails nor long noses. But mice who look exactly like humans, but were obviously mice. For on the inside is a greedy soul that steals and lies. Maybe they were wrong. They are not mice, they are rats. With sharp teeth that bite. As it is chased by the cat it always is able to get a bite in. And for those of you, who still have you inner mouse, keep it, because you may turn into a cat eating rat. Or you may turn into the cat itself.

A Father to Care and To Love

The leaves fall as do the souls of poor children. It is not noticed by the older, whose souls have already fallen to the deepest possible, now and forever inretreaveable. The children look to their mothers and fathers for guidance that can not and will not be found or given. A small child wanders about in the fallen leaves that cover the hard ground. Not a stitch is covering her body. She wanders and shivers as she searches, searches for her long lost parents who have been conjoined to the autumn ridden ground. She sits down and thinks of a story she once read, it was about a girl who died in the cold, for she was too afraid to return home because she was unable to sell any matches. The young girl though of the story and pictured warmth surrounding her. The warmth comes to her and she opens her eyes to find a blanket covering her body and is being carried by sturdy hands and arms. She looks up into the man’s face. His features pleasant and kind. She asks, “Who are you?” The man replies with, “Your Father, dear girl, I have to come to save you.” The girl accepts this and falls into a deep everlasting slumber where she is cradled in light and warmth eternally. The girl has found guidance and has turned her face to the light. She will be forever in peace.

A Slumbering Maiden and a Singing Child

A young maiden sings her lullaby softly to the slumbering child, “Rest child, rest, for the lord has come and you are safe. May the Lord bless your sleep and life. Oh, slumbering child rest, just rest in this silent night.” The child lets go of its last waking breath of the day and sleeps peacefully, just to be awakened the next day to the world to find new things and old things alike. This child’s future holds many things, as does yours.