| THIRTY NINE |

"Damn," Taehyung moaned at the sweet taste of rice cake he just shoved inside his mouth, earning giggles from Jimin. "This is way too delicious,"

"I know, right.. they have the best rice cakes in the whole area,"

"Rice cakes are tasty, but you know what's more tasty?"

"Spicy ones?"

Taehyung chuckled and swallowed the chewed food, "No, idiot. It's you,"

Jimin's face heated up as he shuttered, "Y-Yah, stop it, someone might hear."

"Who cares?" Taehyung shrugged and shoved another cake inside his mouth. Jimin watched Taehyung enjoying the rice cakes like a little kid, remembering how he said that he hasn't eaten rice cakes from a long time when they were talking couple days ago.

He remebered how he sadly explained how he always missed the things he used to do, how he couldn't make things one by one, how much chances he missed sacrificing his life as an idol.

Now that Jimin could try making the latter's life easy, and could try to give what he missed. He just hoped that he's not too late.

The rural are was crowded. Women were busy selling their goods and so did men. Jimin could remeber how he always used to visit the sunday fair and eat plenty of street food with his friends. The fair still looked familiar and same, he too was missing the delicious tastes of random street foods.

Children were running here and there, enjoying their time. The area was rural as mentioned before, people had this bonding with the nature since the kids freely allowed their clothes to get covered with dust. Not that they mind though. It was different than the sight of an urban city both Taehyung and Jimin was tired of seeing, itwas somewhat an oddly satisfying sight.

"Now, what?"

Jimin snapped and saw that Taehyung has already finished all his ten rice cakes. He widened his eyes, "You ate them all!? It hasn't even been fifteen minutes!"

"Well, incase if you don't know, I'm the memeber who eats the most after Jin hyung,"

"What, I didn't know that!"

"Now, you do.." Taehyung sang with a smug look on his face, watching Jimin nod with a blank look. After paying, Jimin took the hand of Taehyung and walked ahead, swiftly changing his gaze to the either sides of the pavement they were walking. People were offering their goods for the males, but Jimin politely declined. He waz practically dragging Taehyung since he was totally immersed in the sight in awe, like if he has never seen such a thing.

That's not the case though. Taehyung used to visit those fairs when he was with his grandparents, back in Daegu. It waz just the memories of his childhood occupying his mind when he passed through people who were busy engaging in their own activities.

And in fact, he was able to enjoy his time since no one seemed to recognise him. That waz surprising, but he waz relieved that no crazy fans would come and try to eat him up alive like if they were hungry for years.

"Tae, look! Let's go see them, please?"

Taehyung immediately looked at the small accessories cart Jimin was pointing and didn't hesitate to say yes, but dragged Jimin before Jimin could even start walking there. Can you blame him though? Kid loves accessories.

"Woah, Jiminie.. those are so pretty," Taehyung exclaimed in awe as he caressed the necklaces gently, which were hanging down freely from the cart roof. Jimin was trying to find the owner to buy some from him, but there wasn't anyone inside.

Jimin looked at Taehyung and hummed, "They're pretty.. wanna know what's prettier?"

Taehyung looked at Jimin and flashed his boxy grin, "Me?"

"No, those bracelets over there."

Jimin chuckled at Taehyung who was pouting, "You're the prettiest, don't worry.."

Taehyung grinned again being the little kid he is, eyes sparkling with the fact that his lover just complemented him. It maybe childish but his happiness worth it.

"Hello there, handsome people.. How can I help you?"

Jimin and Taehyung broke their staring contest and looked at the old man who appeared inside the cart from nowhere. Jimin flashed his smile and bowed politely, "Hello, I was wondering if we could buy two from these necklaces?"

"Yeah, sure! did you.. did you take a proper look? I can crave your names in the pendant, if you want."

Taehyung nodded frantically when Jimin asked him if he wants to and smiled at the old man who seemed to be very happy about his customers. Jimin chose two necklaces and gave it to the old man, "Taehyung and Jimin,"

"Give me just a minute, I'll be back!" The man said in a rather happy tone as he took the necklaces and went inside the cart, Jimin and Taehyung couldn't find a trace of him for just few minutes.

Their eyes lit up seeing the beautiful craved pendants which was shining; they were beautiful.. just like them.

The man handed them over their necklaces, and watched the two kids expressing their pure happiness with a smiling face. He watched as they wore them, their sun kissed skin giving it the right look.

"How much will they cost, sir?"

"Oh, no. Keep them as a gift from me. You two look adorable.."

"Thank you very much, sir.. But this should really have a cost, look how pretty they are!" Jimin insisted, Taehyung joined him with nodding. The old man smiled genuinely, "No, take them for free.. I have a son in your age, you remind me of him. Please take it,"

Both Taehyung and Jimin looked at the man with sincere eyes, bowing him in full respect. People were kind; not all people are as bad as a few. This made Taehyung understand it since he obviously didn't have any experience.

They waved the man happily as they jogged away from the pretty cart, after receiving the wonderful blessing, "may you two live happily forever," from his mouth. They felt happy that people saw the pureness of their relationship; exactly what they wanted.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was beyong happy to even thank Jimin. He thought that he would save it for another time, so that he could thank Jimin in the msot precious way., the most sincere and the most prettiest way.

All he needed was to stay a little bit longer for that.

[Author : Annyeong, lovelees! how's your day? mine was good :) I decided to update since we reached our goal yesterday and I just wanted to thank every single one of you for reading this, commenting and voting! your comments make my day gosh Ily so much! TT Thank you for adding value to what are right.

And so i apologise for those who came here for short chapters I couldn't find a way to break this chapter. Hope you don't mind *nervous smile*

Anyways! have a nice day/night ahead and don't forget to smile because you're loved! :) BYE]

Goal : 15 votes 💜