Chapter 1

Lloyd POV

As I sit and long over the woods I breath in deep. it's the first time I've been able to breath in months. Work has me so stressed out and busy. I haven't had anytime to myself. Once again some jackass is trying to take over company, and it was pissing me off. People assume that I'm not my father's son because I'm young, but oh are they so wrong. They also assume that since we decided to keep pur company here in Hall, and not move to a bigger city that we are nothing but small town yokels.

They are again wrong my father made sure that I was well educated Oxford educated in fact. I learned how to run both am American business, and world businesses. I don't take to kindly when people try to take what is mine. and my family's. Plus we employ a good portion of the town, since we established it in 1806.

When we settled here unlike a lot of the dumbass White people that came to America, we were smart enough not to kill off the people that already lived here. Instead we formed the town with them to make it stronger and to keep peace. It took a while but once the Native American realized that we met them no harm we all lived together. Of course there were outsiders that had an issue with this, and tried to cause trouble but they were dealt with. We also become a freedom town for slaves that had run away from the south. Needless to say that pissed off a lot, and I mean a lot of people. So to protect the town from salve hunters a barrier was built around the town. Men watched the barrier 24 hours a day to keep any unwanted people out.

There were a number of deaths on both sides, but in the end we were left alone. Over time we built the town up, and we now have a relatively large, but close population. There are many businesses within town, but the largest is my family's company Hall Industries. We have offices all over the globe but the largest, and our home base is here in Hall.

Speaking of which I should enjoy this downtime while I have it. A company in New York had been trying for the past 3 months to take over my company, and I was finally able to make head way in stopping them. I had plans on taking them apart piece by piece since I know the CEO was in deep debt. He was trying to get loans from many different banks in order to secure capital to try, and take over my company. He was also working with several other business men who hated and loathed my family for years. This latest move was a mistake, they all have left themselves vulnerable. Now was the perfect time to hit them where it hurt the most.

Once I destroyed him, I planned on taking all of them down. I really hate when people come after me, and mine. This time I was going to make them feel my wrath, and laugh all the way to the bank while doing it. The money I was going to make from what i had in motion was not only good for me, but for the town as a whole. More money coming in meant more jobs, better schools, and making the town better.

Unlike a lot of business men I wasn't a heartless asshole, unless it was about business. I actually gave two shits about those around me. I know that not everyone is lucky like am I, not everyone was born with a silver spoon in their mouths. We setup programs to help those in need , also help those that can't afford it get healthcare, daycare, and other services. That is one reason why we are they fastest growing town in America. People want to come here because of the opportunities that are available. We also offer good paying jobs, and affordable housing.

While I maybe a nice man that cares about others, when it comes to business I can be a complete asshole. Like I said I have some people that I have to go after. I don't like it when people tread on my territory. It won't be the first time something like this has happened and I know it won't be the last.

Taking a deep breath I take one last look at the woods, and head towards my car. Opening and closing the door I take a look at the phone that is in passenger seat. Damn it all to hell 13 missed calls looking down at my phone. I hit the last number that called me it being my head of HR.

"What is it Mady?" I say to her more rudely than I meant too.

"Well, Hello to you too, you jackass. I'm doing well, it's a lovely day. I see you jumped on your bitch cycle today." she says to me.

The problem with having your sister be your head of HR is that, when you bite her head off for no reason. She bites you right back, and doesn't hold back. I admit that she's made me cry several times. She's one of those people that doesn't care what she says to you.

"Mady just tell me what's going on? I'm really not in the mood." I tell her.

"Oh and I am. Like I'm in the mood to deal with bullshit today or any day for that matter." she snaps at me.

"Mady just fucking tell me what the problem is. " I snap back.

"Fucking dickhead. Asshole. Butt licker." I hear her say under her breathe.

"Fine we need to find you a new personal assistant!!!" she yells at me.

"What the hell happened to Misty?" I yell back at her.

"Well asstard she quick. It's your own damn fault for choosing an assistant with a stripper name to begin with." She snaps at me.

"WHAT DO YOU FUCKING MEAN SHE QUIT?" I yell at her.

"Just what I said. She came into my office, and told me that she quit. She didn't tell me why, left no notice. jut went to her desk and packed her shit and left." she bit back.

"I don't have time for this Mady, I need an assistant. Find me another assistant ASAP." I tell her.

"Well no shit Sherlock. Why didn't I think of that? You know what you should be CEO of this shithole." she tells me.

"I found you a new assistant. She just graduated from Brown. I had to offer her a shitload of money and a house to get her to move her. She'll be here on Tuesday to see you, and setup her house. And she'll start the following Monday." she tells me with a hiss.

"No need to thank me cause I know you won't. I'll email you her information. Try not to fuck things up. I like this girl unlike stripper girl, she has brains and tits and ass." she tells me, and than hangs up the phone.

I stare at my phone for a minute before throwing it on the floor on the passenger side.

"FUCK, FUCK, FUCKITY FUCK!" I yell at no one. This is not what I needed, despite what my sister said about Misty. She was actually at times a good assistant. She took good notes, and she always setup my meetings correctly. Her filing was spot on. She never tried to sleep with me. unlike a lot of the assistants that I've had in the past. She wasn't the sharpest crayon in the box, but she was a hard worker.  Now I have to train a new girl to get used to how I work. This is not what I needed right now. With outside forces, trying to destroy me, and other things going around town. I really don't have time for new people. Lord the next two weeks are going to be a pain in my ass.  I need a drink a really big drink I think to myself as I start my car, and now head home instead of the office. I'll deal with the bullshit tomorrow, my head is too full right now to take on anymore.

 I'll deal with the bullshit tomorrow, my head is too full right now to take on anymore

Mady