Grocery Shopping Adventures

Nancy POV

...

"Good morning gorgeous."

I rolled my eyes and twirled on my heel to face my one and only,

Kevin.

"Hey," I dryly said.

"Sooo, I heard you're into bad boys," he leans on the break room counter by the coffee machine. As I advanced to my brewing coffee, he's unfortunately blocking me from one of my only loves in the morning.

Scoffing at his comment, I asked "Where did you hear that?"

"I just had a feeling. You seem like the type."

Do I seem like the type that's interested in you? Why isn't he taking the hints?

"Oh, then I guess you technically didn't hear it," I blandly replied.

When I look up at his reaction, he definitely had some kind of glint in his eyes and a smirk crawling at the corner of his lips. I'm not trying to be mean to the guy, but I just don't understand why he's so persistent if I'm clearly not interested.

"So I'm right?"

I furrow my brows, "About what?"

"You said I technically didn't hear it, but you didn't deny it," he says victoriously as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"And how are you a 'bad boy' exactly?" I ask at his foolish persona.

He confidently chuckles and says, "I've been stealing the office staples."

Damn, I kinda feel sorry for him if all he steals are the office staples.

I sarcastically act surprised, "woah there buddy, you're going way too far."

"That's not the only thing I'm bad at," he exclaims but immediately says, "not that I'm bad at anything, I mean I'm a bad guy because I've done other bad things, you know what I mean?"

Deciding to end the conversation, I just shook my head and pretended I was going through my phone when finally, the little click of the coffee machine drew me in.

Swiftly, I snake my arm by his side to get my coffee.

Wait...

Woah, what is he doing.

He's leaning his face in my direction.

Oh my God, he better not.

After finding the handle of the coffee carafe, I practically leaped back like one of those ninjas you'd see in movies and poured my drink from a distance. "Umm, you alright?" I asked objectively.

"Umm, yeah. Why did you back away like that?"

"Like what?" I seemingly-obliviously ask.

Why was this room empty?

"Like you were scared of something."

"Don't read too much into anything Kevin, I just wanted my coffee."

All he does is shrug and steps closer to me.

For Pete's sake, can't I just enjoy my first cup of the morning?

"Sooo, what're you up to on Friday?"

"After work? Going over to a friend's place," I hate to sound so dry, but he's really not paying attention to what I'm actually "telling" him. And it's not like he doesn't know that I'm not interested in him.