Intro

2 years. It had been 2 years since Lacey Calhan had left. She had left and maybe somewhere inside her she had hoped that nothing would change. That somehow things wouldn’t go on without her, but that’s never true, people move on, you are only the center of your own world. Lacey’s mom got a job transfer to the UK. Lacey left. It wasn’t just the U.S.A she left behind though. It was a life she had known since the moment she was born. She left the West Coast, her favorite place in the world. She left her room, a place she felt like she could be so much herself that most people wouldn’t recognize her. Most of all, she left her best friends. There were two of them. It had always been only them. Damon and Lucy. Damon had deep green eyes and dark hair that spiked up at his head. He was her everything. Day was the person who she called when things weren’t going right, the person she found the minute she walked in to school, the only guy she had every hugged or held hands with, somebody that was irreplaceable. It was a relationship that was so rare she knew it would never happen again. Lucy and she were friends, they face timed and they had sleepovers every Friday night. It was the regular “bff” kind of thing. But, on the off chance that all three of them were together, which was actually very common, it was magic. Leaving them was a struggle, leaving Lucy was hard, leaving Damon was utterly impossible. The first few months she was gone he had texted her all the time, they had weekly FaceTime conversations that sometimes lasted for hours and other times lasted for ten minutes. But, soon after it stopped. Lucy and her’s relationship only lasted half the time. Lacey had to move on, she had to create a new world to surround herself with in the U.K.

            Now, she was coming back. Her world was changing fast again, faster than she could collect her thoughts or decide if it was even what she wanted. An opportunity to come back that her mom had jumped at and her dad had gladly agreed, Lacey had no choice. Lacey stood in front of her old house, her stomach churning. New people lived her. Maybe they were old, young, middleaged. Either way, they had taken over her life, they had taken the role she played. Now they got to live next to Day and across from Lucy. They got to send their kids or grandkids to her high school and got to smell her roses in the morning times. Her parents were at their hotel. Lacey had to see Damon. She hadn’t told him she was coming back just as she hadn’t told Lucy. Yet, standing here she didn’t even want to see him anymore. The thought of it made her gag. She didn’t want to see how he had forgotten about her or how he had a new best friend. She didn’t want to know that she had been so replicable, had she always been that way, was she really? Those weren’t questions she had any desire to know the answer to. But, she had drove many minutes out of her way to see him and standing in the middle of the road, she knew she had to walk up to his door step and say something, anything, to her old best friend.

hope everybody enjoys it! I'm so sorry i didnt finish the last story, i just was not feeling it. I promise after this one a much deeper one will be written! Comment for any requests