Chapter Twenty-Three: Fangirls

Once again I woke up to the obnoxious screaming of fangirls. I decided against wearing the night class uniform, so I scavenged through my closet until I found the perfect outfit.

It was a kimono-style dress that ended mid-thigh. The top half was the color of pure white snow and it was outlined in a blood red. the bottom skirt was the same red that outlined the top secured with a red bow tied around the waist. I wore sheer white stockings that stopped above my knees topped with ruffles and a small bow. I had red shoes on to match. my hair was pulled up into two long pigtails and a matching red bow that left my bangs free.

After I was sure I looked fine, I headed down the stairs to catch up with the others who were already out the door. I could hear Yuki already trying to control the fangirls who were getting out of hand. as I approached I could see excitement radiating off of Aido while everyone else lacked his enthusiasm.

I stood between Rei and Ash as always and tuned out as Yuki began to explain the routine for today's event of handing out chocolates. Overwhelmed by excitement, Aido rushed ahead only to be stopped by Kaname.

"Aido, You must behave yourself today. Is that understood."

"Yes. Of course Lord Kaname." Aido was frozen in place.

Yuki quickly thanked Kaname before rushing through the crowd of girls. She called an official start to St. Xocolatl day. all the girls formed single lines behind iron gates that separated them from us. most night class students lined up at their assigned gates and begun taking chocolates from the day class girls.

Rei, Ash, and I ignored all the commotion of the exchanges and started to walk away. I heard someone calling my name so I turned to Rei and Ash.

"You two go on ahead. Let me see what this is about."

"It's probably some admirer," Rei grumbled before continuing to walk away.

I turned around to see a nervous-looking day class boy. He had his hair tucked behind his ear with his eyes focused on the ground.

"Uh...Avery would you please accept this?" He held up a small wrapped box.

"Sure. I mean you did go through the trouble of making it." I smiled at the boy and gladly took his gift. As I did so he fainted from joy and I was soon surrounded by day class boys offering me their chocolates.

I was becoming overwhelmed by the smell of their fresh blood coursing through their veins. I couldn't stand being surrounded by them any longer.

"Excuse me. I hate to interrupt, but we must attend our class. So if you would excuse us..." I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Kaname giving a dazzling fake smile to the boys, who reluctantly backed away.

When we were out of sight, I fell to my knees grasping my throat in pain.

"I guess feeding Kiryu sped up your need for blood yourself." Kaname knelt down beside me and offered his own neck.

I shook my head in protest not finding the words to speak.

"Avery. You need blood. I'm willingly offering mine to you. I would rather you feed on me instead of anyone else." His gaze held mine.

My resistance was fading as he pulled me closer to his body giving me full access to his neck.

I skimmed my fangs along the slenderness of his neck before biting down at the base. Kaname held me close as I fed on him. His blood was enticing and addictive. I found myself wanting more. It was sweet yet it had a spice.

I reluctantly pulled away from him and let my tongue graze where I had a bit. I watched as the two puncture wounds slowly closed up. Leaving no trace of evidence behind of what happened tonight.

Kaname stood and offered his hand to me which I graciously took. He turned away and began walking. I paused there for a minute, a multitude of thoughts plaguing my mind.

"Kaname wait," I spoke up, he turned back around with a hint of amusement in his eyes.

"I wanted to say that I'm sorry. I was selfish and only thinking of myself. I acted like a child throwing a tantrum because they didn't get their way. I know that you were trying to prove a point and thanks to you I was more determined to train. I wanted to prove you wrong. " My eyes never left the ground, but I could see him approaching slowly.

He cradled my face in his hands forcing me to look into his mesmerizing crimson eyes. Before I had a chance to speak he closed the distance between us. My heart sped up as his soft lips met mine. I felt shocks as he pulled me closer against him. Without thinking I threw my arms around his neck and kissed back. The longing that each of us held for each other was plainly evident.

I pulled back and stepped away. my breathing labored.

I knew my face was burning bright red, "Uh...We have a class that we must attend."

He smirked and began walking to class again, this time I followed right beside him.

[Edited May 2020]