"oh, my god, archie, bell." veronica whispered as she held belle's hand.

"and then he—." archie stopped as he looked up.

"and then he what?" veronica questioned.

"he ah—he bolted," belle stuttered, veronica squeezed her hand.

archie nodded, "and i was holding my dad. pop tate called an ambulance, and it didn't come so i told belle to help me get him in the car and then i drive here— and i should've waited. i made it worse."

"no, dude. are you kidding me?" jughead spoke placing his hand on archie's back, "you saved your dad's life. first cheryl, and now your dad. if you keep this up, you'll need a superhero name. like pureheart the powerful."

the girls smiled at the comment, "there isn't any new information. your dad's in surgery. he'll be there for a while." mrs. cooper told them as the parents made their way over.

mrs. lodge leaned down, "archie, have you spoke to your mother about any of this yet?"

archie shook his head, "no. no, i haven't called her," he stood up, "i'll be right back."

belle looked down as she sighed, "what?" she heard jughead say.

"mum, do not start this." betty advised.

"start what?" jughead questioned.

"well, of course, i can't help but wonder if your southside associates had anything to do with what happened." mrs. cooper answered.

"alice, do not do this." mr. cooper advised.

"unbelievable," jughead started, "at least you can't accuse my father. he's in jail."

veronica lean her head against belle's shoulder, "oh, my god. i can't handle this." betty did the same.

_______

belle leaned against veronica, when sheriff keller walked towards them, the group stood up and met him half way, "sheriff." archie said.

"how's your dad doing?" he questioned.

"he's still in surgery." betty answered.

"archie, i know this is a hell of a time for you. but perhaps you, belle and i could go somewhere and talk about what happened." sheriff keller said.

"is it cool if i tag along?" jughead spoked

"if you don't mind—." sheriff keller started

archie cut him off, "that would be great."

belle nodded in agreement as she let veronica's hand go, and followed behind archie. jughead places his hand on her shoulder.

_______

"he was maybe 5'10, 160 pounds or so." archie answered. "and he was wearing dark pants and a dark jacket?" sheriff keller questioned both of them, "anything on that jacket? symbol or insignia?"

jughead has sat down next to belle and handed her a water, "you mean like a snake?"

"no, it was just a jacket. no snake." belle spoke.

"and the ski mask he had on—."

"no, it's not a ski mask. it's a hood. homemade, like he'd cut the eyes out himself." archie exclaimed.

"the guys eyes were green." belle added.

"now, pop tate has a fairly good idea of what happened up until when your father was shot. and then, we'll, there are some gaps. and i need both of you to help me fill those." sheriff keller informed them, "so, what did he do? our masked man."