🌸| Chapter 5

"What?" Shoto asked in disbelief, his eyes were narrowing in annoyance. "Who bought her?"

Nemuri had a troubled expression plastered on her face as she raised her hand in an attempt to calm the young lord down. "That, I cannot say, my lord. I apologize for my words, but you are not the only person who sees the Winter Flower. She is still a yuujo and a famous one at that. We need you to understand that we l are not biased when it comes to our customers."

Shoto was still slightly enraged by the fact that someone already took the yuujo for tonight, but Nemuri was right. It was his fault for not coming early despite the number of the men in Edo who wanted her. He was not the only one who wanted her for the night.

"I understand. Then can you please give this to her." The young lord then took out something from his sleeves before handing it to Nemuri. "If you were to give it to her, do not mention my name. If she finds out that I was the one who gave her that...mayb--"

"No need to fuckin' give an excuse." A blonde male suddenly interjected the young lord's words with a small frown. "So you're 'im. Heh, aren't you the shitty half-half from the Todoroki?"

Shoto clenched his fist but soon calmed himself as he glared at the unknown samurai before him. "Who are you and what do you want?" The blonde male just grinned threateningly, resting his palm on the hilt of the of his sword. Shoto shot a glare, observing the male's moves. It was clear that he was not happy to see the young lord, but whoever he was, he was dangerous. If looks could kill, this man would be a serial killer.

"I'm just your ordinary samurai in the streets. Just visitin' and such."

He studied the man from head to toe. His clothes were not shouting ordinary - not that it was extravagant like any lords nor high-ranking daimyo wears but it was more sophisticated than what ordinary samurai wears. His identity was clearly suspicious, but as much as Shoto did not want to know it, he needed to find out who this was especially that he might be the one who visited the Winter Flower.

"*Ronins are fully prohibited and your clothes are too well for you to be a mere low-rank samurai." The red and silver-haired male paused, narrowing his eyes at the blonde male before him. "State yourself."

"Well damn, if that brat is goin' to be taken by this piece of shit, I would rather be in jail as a fuckin' criminal for illegally taking her away." His vulgar words hinted irritation and annoyance, but it made Shoto realize what he truly meant. It was just a guess, but Shoto thought that this might be the one who visited the Winter Flower. Maybe a close friend or someone else, but Shoto was sure that the male was talking about him taking her as his mistress. It might be a big misunderstanding and it was not good to jump into conclusions, but he had this feeling that he was right.

"Watch your foul words." Shoto hissed while Nemuri raised her hands in surrender. "Can you please stop arguing? We are getting unnecessary attention." Nemuri said with a soothing tone, attempting to calm the two down.

The blonde male rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue before handing Nemuri a large packet of money. "I doubled it but make sure she doesn't know...like the usual. Also, make sure that no one visits her for tonight..." He then glanced at the young lord with malice in his eyes, before adding, "...and I mean no one, not even this fuckin' brat."

Shoto's jaw hardened as he clenched his fist. It was taking his all to stop his rage because of this man, but he managed to calm himself and closed his eyes before heaving an exasperated and annoyed sigh. "Fine, be it your way." Then he turned to Nemuri and nodded, "Just make sure you give it to her. That's my only request. Now if you would excuse me...I shall leave for tonight." The young lord turned his back and walked away, his face was nonchalant but was angry deep inside.