"Speaking of 'best things', how have things been going with everyone's relationships?" the perky blonde interviewer inquires, with a rumble of assent from her co-host, a balding man with a voice like thunder.

Louis parts his lips in preparation to speak, Eleanor squeezing his hand affectionately, but pauses when Arabella coughs daintily. Harry's face brightens significantly, his green eyes dancing anxiously. This is obviously his cue, and he kneel down.

My eyes dart back towards Arabella, who's gorgeous face appears distinctly panicked, the wheels in her head whirring and churning, struggling to devise a way to escape the looming disaster.

"Actually, it just so happens that, tonight, right here and now..." Harry starts, his expression sweeter than a jar of fresh, golden honey.

"We're getting married!" Arabella interrupts boldly, beaming dazzlingly and fluttering her inky eyelashes with an alluring air. "Yes, we're engaged."

I curse softly to myself and Zayn, mumbling darkly in despair, shifts lower in his plush seat. It's just like Ar to save herself at the last possible second.

"Oh my!" This is clearly an interviewers dream come true, a celebrity wedding announcement on her station. She's positively giddy, fanning herself from the thrill of it and glancing around wildly as though to reassure that the entire station is aware. Her forehead crinkles as she eyes Arabella's hand. "Where's the ring?"

Ara blushes, scrambling for an excuse. "Um... Harry's holding onto it for... safekeeping. He wanted to announce the big news as a surprise, which, I suppose I ought not to have said anything. I'm sorry, I just couldn't contain myself." A small, signature pout curls her lips downwards and a wave of heat washes over her cheeks as she adopts a falsely apologetic pretense. I have to offer her credit; she might possibly the most graceful, smooth liar I know,

Harry cocks his head slightly, completely perplexed, but utters a hasty, "No worries, love." With a prompt, delighted grin, he extracts the glimmering ring and extends it for the interviewers to precisely examine.

The woman gasps enviously, unable to remove her gaze from the massive gem set ornately into the center of the shimmery silver band. "Oh, it's positively beautiful! Stunning, isn't it, Rick?" She sharply nudges the man beside her, evidently trying to involve him in the conversation. "Look at that diamond! So, when's the wedding?" the interviewer gushes enthusiastically, shifting forward in an effort to make things seem more confidential.

The entire continuation of the interview focuses, in excruciating detail, on their upcoming engagement, along with a hurried blurb about the mind-blowing subject of One Direction's success. The only word spoken to me throughout the whole event was a flurried, generic 'Welcome!' This station needs to sort out her priorities.

Well, I suppose we may as well admit that, for our first mission, Arabella deserves a point. Because, the beautiful, innocent, striking princess simply doesn't lose.

-Arabella-

I scrunch into a crumpled ball on our smooth, thick comforter the instant we arrive back at the hotel. The gorgeous sequined dress prickles against my velvety skin and hot tears roll down my cheeks, winding zigzagging trails through my makeup.

I've never been so devastated. All that preparation- practicing my shocked face in the mirror, applying waterproof mascara in case I decided to get teary for the interviewer, whispering the words 'Of course' a hundred times. And to have the moment snatched away from me like that.

I'm still trembling from the adrenaline that pumped through my veins the moment I read Liam's tweet. My God, if I hadn't spoken up just in time... things could have gone horribly wrong.