New People

It was over cast and was sprinkling a bit. We began walking down the street and soon the house was out of sight. I looked around at the things that had changed since i'd last been here. there were now a few more houses in the neighborhoods and a sidewalk had been placed across the street.

"Remind me again, where exactly are we going?" I asked Rayla, stepping over a small puddle.

"We're going to Jack's house to meet up with him, Carrie and Marlene." she replied.

"Alright, so this shouldn't take too long. What are we doing once we get there though?" I asked wondering if we would just sit around at his house for a few hours or go someplace more exciting.

"I think we are going to hang at Jack's for a while then, once Kenra gets off work and gets home, i think she'll give us a ride to the park. Or we'll just walk there depending on what shift she's working today." We continued walking until we reached the corner of 7th and Sycamore; Jack's house was right on the corner. We walked up the steps and knocked on the door. Alomst immediately his dog started barking inside. A younger girl with Short, dark brown hair and eyes opened the door,quickly came out then shut it again.

"Ray-Ray!" she squealed with glee then gave Rayla a hug

"Hi Ellie!" Rayla said hugging the little girl back.she only came up to about her chest.

"Who's she?" Elisa asked, pulling out of the hug and pointing at me.

"This is my friend Chensey Garner. She just moved here from Alaska." Rayla answered her.

"Oh," she said looking at me "Can i call you Chessy?"

"Um, sure sweetie." I said smiling.

"Ellie, is your brother here?" Rayla asked Elisa.

"Yeah, he's downstairs with Carrie and Marly."she answered opening the door and letting us inside. Brither, immediately a medium sized Shepard mix, immmediately came up to me and sniffed at me .I held out my hand to his nose.

"This is Brither. He's usually timid around new people, but he seems to like you" Elisa said walking behind the couch and into the kitchen.

'The only reason he's not timid around me is because im not a new person' i thought.

"I'm quite good with animals." I said to her petting him behind the ears."You're a good boy aren't you?" I said to him. I looked around the room. There were two couches perpendicular to each other one facing the tv. the other was next to a large fish tank that had a few large fish swimming around in it. This was the living room behind the couch was a hallway that led to the kitchen and two bedrooms.then through the kitchen was a set of stairs and a door that led to the back yard.

"Chensey come on, lets go meet the dorks." Rayla said heading downstairs.

"okay" I said, leaving Brither by the smaller couch near the fish tank.

We reached the bottom of the stairs and my first thought was /dang they need to clean up/ we walked silently throught a small area with a washing machine, a dryer and some clothes and such piled up on the concrete floor.We walked down a short hall and stopped at the door to Jack's room.

"Now remember you are Chensey Garner, a sophmore who just moved here from Alaska and is staying with me." Rayla said to me in a whisper that was barely audible.

"Right, okay." I whispered back. We knocked on the thin wooden door.

"Aye, Come in!" I heard a male voice, I knew as Jack's, call from inside.We entered into the tiny room. The room was messier than I had remembered. It now had more clothes, dirty dishes and old food containers strewn across the carpeted floor. Jack was sitting in the middle of the bed, which took up more than half the room, playing PS3.

Jack was neither tall nor short. He had dark brown hair and eyes(as far as I could tell), that matches his sister's. He was wearing only basketball shorts ask I could see that he was not skinny or muscular.

"Jeez Jack, do you ever clean this place?" Rayla asked stepping over a pile of dirty clothes.Carrie and Marlene were no where to be seen. "Where are Carrie and Marly?"

"They went to the store to get some food, I think" he said not takin his eyes off the screen.Rayla went and sat down on the edge of the bed and looked at the screen.

"You can come sit also" Rayla said to me, patting the space next to her. Before I could respond Jack spoke.

"Wait who's she, and why's she in my room?" said Jack taking his eyes off his game for the first time since we'd arrived. he started at me curiously.

"This is Chensey Garner.She just moved here, so i thought i might bring her here to hang out with us."Rayla said. "I thought I told you all this already?"

"Well hi Chensey I'm Jack Mirou. welcome to cryfton.where are you from?"he said to me, completely ignoring Rayla's question.

"Alaska." I said flatly.

"Cool, so are you going to school here and where are you staying?"

"She's going to be staying with me until other arrangements are made. and yes she's going to school with us." Rayla answereed for me.

"Cool so I'll be seeing a lot more of you around then." Jack said, lookin at me and slightly smiling.he must've realized i was still standing."You can come sit down on the bed with us you know." I went and say down on the other side of him, nearest to the wall.We sat and watched him play for a bit, but soon became bored.

"Ya know what we should do? We should watch something on Netflix"Rayla suggested as I sat down next to her and looked at the tv screen.

"Alright" he said exiting out of his game and opening Netflix "What do you guys want to watch?" he asked opening the search bar.

"How bout a disney movie?" Rayla suggested, giving Jack an evil grin.

"Fine, but this one time only." he said giving Rayla a look "What do you want to watch?"

"How about The Lion King, i haven't seent that in forever and i know you like it" She said thoughtfully.

"Okay" he quickly found it then started it. Rayla stood up on the bed and turned off the light with a small chain attached to it. The three of us layed down on the unsheeted queen bed and watched the movie in silence for about an hour.