one

Somedays Jamie wished she was a male. She wished she was a male because (1) she wouldn't have a period and (2) she'd have enough balls to talk back to people. She couldn't talk back to her parents, hell she could barely stand up for herself. John does that shit for her. Jamie only rides on his coattails.

" What's wrong with you?" John scoffs, turning his sight on Jamie. "Did you miss me last night?" he teases, laughing at his own joke.

"You owe me for taking the heat off you, man," she sighs, rubbing her temple tiredly. She hadn't gotten any sleep, waiting for John to make his entrance. He never did, he just met her outside the apartment they live in. And getting zero sleep, she doesn't know how today will go.

"Whatever. I'll pay you back," he waves it off, continuing to walk towards the school. Jamie shakes her head silently, trailing behind him. A car hits the brakes beside them, nearly hitting both. John walks like nothing happened while Jamie shuts her eyes for a moment. They open again though, the girl knowing she has to place her mask on once more. Taking in a heavy breath, she lets it out silently as the duo passes through the double doors.

John and Jamie walked into the library, both acting as if they've been here one too many times. As John messes with the items on the checkout desk, Jamie takes the sunglasses from his face, deciding they look better on her. They pass the preps' table silently, Jamie making eye contact with the jock behind the glasses.

Brian sits at their table, before John waves his hand, signaling the blonde to move. The latter responds quickly, moving to the table across from them instead. John (more or less) throws himself into the seat, placing his feet up on the table. Jamie leans in her seat comfortably, chewing her gum in a bored manner. She tosses the glasses onto the table and takes her jacket off, deciding to ponder her thoughts.

She's interrupted though, as a girl in all black speed-walks to the back table, sitting with a quiet thud. Rolling her eyes, her sight lands on Vernon, who walks in as if he owns the place, with pencils and paper in hand. This will be entertaining.