Chapter Three

As Davey and I walked back from Brooklyn we both stayed silent, until Davey spoke up. "Abigail? Spot, he was acting so.... Different, I mean he didn't even try to flirt with you he was acting 'nice'." "Ya say that as if that's a bad thing Dave? I mean I's heard all of the things ya guys say about the 'great Spot Colon' but he seemed like a nice guy, well as nice as a Newsie from Brooklyn can be." I say with a slight chuckle. "That's just it Abigail, he is not nice what so ever! All of the stuff that you hear it's true well at least most of it is." Davey said in a rushed voice. "Well I guess I just have that effect on people" I said while nudging his in the arm.

The rest of the walk home was just us messing around, not worrying about the fact that we where poor and hopeless children as everyone looked at us as, we where just young kids trying to enjoy the little break we had tonight, not worrying about the paps we had to sell tomorrow.

"Davey, is it just me or is Jack acting a little moor protective of me lately?" I asked. Me and Davey had arrived at the lodging house and where sitting on my bed, he was going to stay with me until the rest of our friends came home then Davey would head home to his family. "Ya but I think it's just that he has no family and you are as close to as sister as he has. He just doesn't want anything to happen to you, none of us do you hold all us newsies together 'Ace' we all love ya." With his words in my head I gave him a hug, just as the door opened and in walked Jack, Race and everyone else.

"So this sis where the twos of ya went, I would think that ya would go somewhere a little more privet" Race said with a smirk plastered on his dirk covered face. The look on Davey's face was prices less, I let out a short laugh. "Calms down fellas I was felling tired at the party so Davey walked me home and he stayed here with me till ya all come home!" I said with a chuckle "plus Davey is like my brother think of him any other way is so weird!" Looking over at Davey his eyes showed confusion, and hurt? Davey couldn't like me... like that right? I mean he did call me by my real name and he treats me like a young woman and not a newsies, but that's just how Davey is. "Well it's getting late and we have paps to sell tomorrow so let's gets some sleep, Dave ya can just sleep on the extra bed here it's pretty late to walks home" Jack said "no I'll go home it's fine" Davey said quickly, giving me one more look with a slight smile of goodbye he rushed out the room.

"What was that's about" Specs questioned, not knowing the answer my self I gave a slight shrug I laid down in my bed. "No ideas but I's am goin to bed see ya tomorrow" I said tiredly. That night I laid in my bed thinking, About Davey he does act a lot different around me then he does everyone else, I hope it's just 'cause I'm a girl not any other way cause I love Davey as a brother no other way. And Spot... He did act a little weird tonight when I was in Brooklyn, it shocked me how much he reminded me of Liam but theirs no way that Spots Liam, first off Liam was a nice boy who would not hurt a fly and second off Liam's dead.

📰📰📰📰📰📰📰 AN

So what do you think of how Davey was acting? What about Spot? Questions to thing about! hope you like my story so fare please comment and vote😘 keep carrying the banner 📰❤️📰