Chapter Three

King Edmund The Just is driving me absolutely crazy. It's like he's made it his life mission to annoy me. He says the things that are so dense and rude that I can't help but argue back.

So whenever Caspian suggested that Edmund give me sword fighting lessons, I almost passed out.

"No." We both said at the same time, Edmund glared at me from the side before turning his attention back to the Prince.

"Edmund, please." Caspian sighed silently begging him, he'd been so distance since he learned that his uncle actually murdered his father. I hadn't really had the chance to talk to him, he was always saying he's to busy. "You're one of the best I've seen and I need her to be safe." He added not looking at me.

After a few moments, Edmund groaned throwing his hands up in the air.

"Fine, I'll teach your girlfriend how to fight."

"I'm not his girlfriend!" I shot back getting tired of the dark haired boys attitude.

"Whatever let's go." I followed Edmund outside with a longing glance at Caspian, I just wanted to make sure my friend was okay.

Edmund handed me a smaller sword than his, perfect size for my small stature. "Let's get this over with." He snapped holding his own sword in his hand. "First, I'll show you standing techniques."

After about an hour or so of sword fighting with the bloke named Edmund, I felt like I was actually getting the hang of it.
"Not bad for a girl." Edmund smirked as I huffed in annoyance.

Taking my stance again, I swung the sword towards him with all my might, Edmund blocked it with ease. After a few minutes of clanking swords he swung his weapon around making me drop mine and pinned me against the tree with his sword to my neck.

We both breathed heavily staring into each other's eyes with his body pressed up against mine. "Never let your opponent disarm you." He said slowly never taking his eyes off of mine. I nodded, feeling my heart almost beat out of my chest. I wonder if he could feel it too?

Edmund moved away without any warning and started back to the cave. I followed close behind, not really sure what to say. There was no one in the main rooms so we ventured to the room that had the broken table, what we saw next was disturbing and terrifying all at once. Caspian stood reminiscing with the bird lady I met the other day and a larger creature that resembled a werewolf.

Peter and Lucy were right behind us, just as shocked.
"Caspian no!" Peter shouted as we all ran into the room, a sheet of ice covered a wall and a women in white floated inside of it, staring at all of us.

"Norah watch out!" I ducked as the werewolf like thing tried to claw it's way at me. Peter and Edmund fought the two creatures, I was just in the way. Moving quickly to the side with Lucy I watched Edmund battle the wolf, looking so elegant and graceful as he fought.

The wolf thing knocked Edmund to the ground, "Edmund!" I cried not thinking about my actions. He recovered quickly, with a short glance in my direction.

When the two creatures were dead, that's when we noticed Caspian about to give his blood, to whom I'm assuming is the white witch.

"No!" I shrieked running in front of him pushing him back.

"And who do we have here? Another daughter of Eve perhaps? Wait, no- you can't be." My face scrunched up in confusion, Peter pulled Caspian away sending him over with Lucy.

"This isn't possible!" The witch screeched, I didn't get to ask what she meant because Peter pushed me aside (literally) sending me into the arms of someone else.

I looked up to see Edmunds strong arms holding me tightly, a blush creeped it's way on my cheeks as I muttered a thank you. He nodded staring at Peter, watching him about to make the same mistake Caspian almost had.

Edmund grabbed my wrist and pulled me along with him, he stabbed the ice with his sword causing a scream from the white witch. When the ice fell, we both saw a grave looking Peter.

"I know, you had it sorted." Sarcasm dripped from his voice before he stomped away from his older brother. Without actually thinking I followed after him in hopes that he was alright.

What was King Edmund doing to me?

_____________________
Please vote and/or comment! It would mean the world to me! (: