Chapter 37

⛈

My heart is pounding in my chest.

I don't know what came over me but today was so perfect. So relaxing. And I just knew it was thanks to Bella, my Beauty, my Sugar Cookie. She has brought a new found level of peace to my heart and I just had to tell her how I feel. How I love her.

So I did.

It was probably far from romantic. There is no doubt in my mind that she deserves better. A better admission, a better boyfriend. But all my fears, all my insecurities, they washed away like a cool summers rain on a hot day as she says the most amazing words.

I love you too

The taste of her lips on mine spurs my heart to a faster beat. I can't get enough of her. Soon our gentle kisses turn harder, more passionate. My grip on her tightens pulling her body closer to my own, the sensation of her sleeping cami brushing against my chest sparks my blood. I nearly pull away but Bella, God, Bella she makes the most delicious sound. Her gentle moan sends my body into overdrive.

Simultaneously her hands move from my face to gripping the back of my neck as my own wonder down to the curve of her ass. A hesitant squeeze before a streak of possessiveness shoots through me and my grip tightens lifting her to balance on her toes, her body pressed even tighter to me.

"Alex" breathless and full of want her head rests against my chest as my face burrows into her neck, our breath panting across the others skin as we try to regain our breathing.

"What do you want." Kissing her neck my arms wrap back around her tighter than before "What do you want Bella. Tell me and I'll do it, I'll do whatever you want." Begging for some direction I'm at the mercy of her every whim.

"Just..." soft hands brush over my chest, her nervousness palpable through the skin on skin contact "Just... hold me... and kiss me. Keep kissing me."

Happy to please, I run my nose across her skin nudging her chin up and taking possession of her lips once more. Soon my tongue has entered her mouth caressing and tasting all it has to offer my own as she returns the favor causing a deep groan to rumble from within me.

For a split second my heart freezes in my chest as her hands start to push me away, only to kickstart as her body follows. Letting her direct me my feet glide backwards across the floor, trusting her with blind faith as our lips stay connected, never losing contact. Settling onto the crisp cotton comforter Bellas weight follows sitting on my lap, her arms sliding up to hold onto my neck.

"Are...are we just kissing...or?" Swallowing at the sudden dryness in my mouth, my mind can't make sense of all the jumbled words trying to come out. "I mean we can... we don't have to... just... whatever you want. Tell me what you want."

Nails gently scratching at my scalp help center me back to the moment with the woman I love in my arms. "I..I don't know" uncertainty coating her voice. For a moment we just sit there at the end of the bed, heads pressed together, calming our racing hearts.

"Touch me" It's so quiet I wouldn't have been able to hear it if I wasn't so close. "Slowly. I want you to touch me Alex"

Gulping down my nerves, quite literally at that, my hands travel from their perch on her hips towards the hem of her shirt. Slowly, carefully I inch it up stopping just under the curve of her breast. I must have waited to long because suddenly her hands are over my own.

"It's alright. You can keep going" With her reassuring words we lift her top the rest of the way off together, tossing it somewhere on the floor. Running with my courage while it lasts I instantly reach for her, a little more than surprised I actually land on her breasts. And if Bellas gasp is anything to go by shes shocked as well.