IV. s o u l m a t e s

idol!au: everyone is born with a soulmate.
-
MAMA 2019 in manila, today was the day of the event. y/n was getting ready in her hotel, her makeup artist was in the middle of getting her makeup done.
y/n was scrolling through her instagram, when she saw a post about someone who found her soulmate, which got her thinking again, when will i find my soulmate?

in y/n's case, she had a pendant on her necklace, which glows once she was close to her soulmate, and his pendant glows as well when they're close to each other.

she fiddles with the pendant, and her make up artist noticed that. "you're gonna find him, honey. don't you worry." she assures y/n with a smile. "your hair and make up is done," she turns y/n around, making her face the mirror. y/n stood up and walked infornt of the full length mirror. "yes, work it girl!"
-
"y/n pose for us!" as soon as y/n went on the red carpet, flashes went off again. but she continued to walk down the red carpet, but still posing at times.

then she was escorted to where she was going to sit, for the rest of the event. "here's your seat ms. y/n,"

she sat down, and thanked him, the arena was not filled with people yet, so she looked around, then her gaze went to the seats infront of her, they were for seventeen.

while the ones beside her were for red velvet. she sighed in relief, as she now had people to talk to during the event.

when it started to get crowded, she felt a small amount of heat on her chest, it was her pendant, it was glowing. her peach colored pendant was finally glowing. she looks hard for her soulmate, but then she fails, there were too many people coming in from different entrances. for all she knows, her soulmate could be on the other side of the arena. for the mean time, she holds onto her pendant, still hoping to see him.
-
"you guys, were gonna go in. just follow me, there's gonna be a lot of people." s.coups leads the way, and they eventually get to their seats. they got excited when they found out that their seats were beside monsta x's seats, and started to chat with them.

when they were laughing with each other, mingyu pointed something out, "vernonie, your pendant's glowing!" he pointed at his white polo shirt, which had a peach glow, caused by his pendant. when mingyu said that to vernon, that also caught the attention of the other members. "vernon's necklace is finally glowing?" seungkwan gasps in joy.

"do you guys see anyone else who has a peach pendant?" vernon asks, looking around the arena frantically, but it was just too huge, it would take a miracle to find each other in there.

but y/n didn't hear any of this even though their seats were below her, she got too hung up on talking with seulgi and the loud music that was playing, "hey y/n, you do know that your pendant is glowing, right?"

y/n freaked out, staring at her pendant with wide eyes, and her jaw dropped. "wait, is your soulamte here? oh my god, we gotta find him." she grinned, looking around the arena too. "ughh, i can't find him!" seulgi groans, putting her head on y/n's shoulder in frustration.
-
"hi, miss y/n? you're about to present the next award." one of the escorts informed y/n, guided her to the backstage.

"hi everyone! i'm y/n, and i'm going to present the best performance of the year for the male group." she smiles at the audience, and takes a quick look at the card, which holds the winner. "and congratulations seventeen!" she smiles once again as soon as they stood up, hugging each other.

as they were walking up to the stage, she noticed something glowing through vernon's shirt. a necklace- a peach soulmate necklace, practically a replica of y/n's. she grinned at them, and at the thought of vernon being her soulmate.
-
when seventeen finished their speech, y/n caught up with vernon and walked beside him. "hey, so um, is that your soulmate necklace?" y/n politely asked him, hoping he wasn't feeling uncomfortable at the sudden question from her. "oh, uh, yeah! i actually haven't seen her around yet, unfortunately." vernon replies with his head facing the ground.

y/n shakes her head with a small smile, and takes out her necklace. "oh you've found her already." she grins, holding out her necklace. while vernon stopped walking and grinned at y/n. "wait. you're seriously my soulmate?! ok wow." vernon gasps, with his hand on his chest dramatically. y/n nods at him,

"you have my instagram, so just dm me after this, and we can go out sometime? if you'd want to." y/n bites her lip, hoping he would say yes to her. "oh yeah! of course!" vernon replies, still stunned by his soulmate. "great! see you around? congrats, by the way." she walks away, and smiles to herself when she noticed him blush because of her.

"congrats, you guys." she bows at them, and walks past seventeen, who were standing behind vernon.

"what was that all about?!" jeonghan shakes vernon's shoulders slightly, making him get his head straight. "wait, is she your soulmate?!" hoshi asks him, confused. the others gasp when they noticed vernon blush at hoshi's question. "ahh she is, look how much he's blushing!" the8 cooes, ruffling vernon's hair a bit. "our vernonie is growing up." joshua pretends to wipe a tear from his eye, which makes vernon playfully slap his arm.

"i've finally found my soulmate." they say to themselves with a smile. not aware that they said it, at the same time, but that's what soulmates do. they connect once they've found each other.

and that was how y/n y/l/n and vernon from seventeen found each other, as soulmates.