Childhood Bestfriends with Hollywoods Golden Boypart9

Start from the beginning

Then it was as if the whole atmosphere of the room had shifted suddenly, as if heated up slightly and the air seemed full of possibilities... 

What was he going to do?  

What would I do?  

Why did he make me feel nervous in a way that I wanted never to stop? 

My whole body seemed to relax slightly at just the sight of his smile, and though I still felt the tingling sense of nerves that I realised I didn't mind not knowing anymore, as long as he was standing in front of me smiling.  

I was probably smiling back at him like he'd created the sun, but I really couldn't have cared less. 

I already knew what I wanted.  

I wanted Ari to see me as more than his best friend. I wanted him to see me as more than the little girl whom he'd grown up with and seen running around his garden in a Disney princess dress when she was four. 

Maybe, subconsciously I've seen Ari as more than just my childhood best friend for a while now, but I'd tried to avoid feeling it.....  

Risking it. 

There, you've finally let yourself admit it Isobel. You like Ari.  

I looked at him, taking in his slightly tousled, sandy golden hair, his perfect infectious smile with his slight dimples, and the honey colour of his skin that seemed to make his eyes shine even bluer as they looked down at me. 

I had to speak, to break the silence we seemed stuck in.  

I couldn't just sit there smiling up at him as he stood smiling back at me.  

Even if he did look so incredibly hot.  

I opened my mouth to speak, just about to break the silence between us when all of a sudden Ari walked over to the sofa determinedly with a slight smile still set on his face. I sat there in shock, frozen in anticipation that made me tingle all over. Then, as soon as Ari stopped in front of me, he reached down and grabbed my hands,which were sitting nervously on my lap. He held them for a second in his strong hands, eyes burning down into mine, before pulling me up from the sofa forcefully so my body seemed to collide with his as I stood, every inch of my body pressed against his.  

I couldn't help but gasp at the sudden movement and how hard the planes of his stomach were.  

Ari's left hand slid around my waist, resting on the small of my back as his other hand slowly reached up and brushed a tendril of hair away, which had fallen over my face. He was no longer smiling but his face was set in a more serious way, his jaw clenching slightly as his eyes seemed to travel my face, as if he were memorising me.  

All I could do was hope that this wasn't an incredibly real hallucination.