55. Teenage Dream

- Karlie -

It's been nearly two weeks since we started the adoption process for the two girls, and given Taylor's status and the fact that the girls have been with us and the agency are trying to wrap this up quickly, our lawyer and the social worker have managed to put a rush on the adoption, so we signed the papers last week and now we're just waiting for the call saying the judge has approved the adoption and Willa and Everleigh are ours.

"Do you have everything?" Taylor peeks her head into the nursery and I nod, zipping up Oscar's bag. "We're just about done, aren't we?" I coo at Everleigh as she plays with the toys on the tummy time mat and the toddler completely ignores me. "Ever, come on." I stand back up as I hold my hand out to her and the little girl comes running.

Taylor and I are taking the kids to Nashville for Easter to see her parents, but we never realised what a procession it would be packing up five kids and all of our stuff before we could go. The Time Gala is in four days, so on Monday morning, we're going to fly to New York with Andrea who is going to watch the two younger kids for us whilst we go to the Gala and also on Monday night so that I can take Taylor out for our anniversary.

Emilie and Lilia aren't much of a handful and Willa is there to help with the two little ones, so we're not worried about leaving them at all, but Taylor is a little worried about the fact that we're going to be in the public eye with all five kids for the first time since Nashville and New York are places she's been frequently photographed in the past.

"Oscar's sleeping in his car seat, so we're ready to go whenever you are." I leave Oscar's bag with the rest in the front hallway and I set Everleigh down on her feet. "Should we get your sweater, babe?" I kneel by the toddler and she nods as she plops down on her butt. "Why don't you let me do that and you can put the bags in the car, please and thank you." Taylor has Ever's sweater and I laugh as I nod, "your wish is my command."

I kiss my wife on the cheek and she grins as I grab a couple of the kids' bags. The older three are at school since it's Friday, so Taylor is going to pick Lia and Em up and I'm going to take two little ones and pick up Willa and then take the bags to the plane so that we're not too overloaded at once.

Eventually all of the bags are in the car and I go back in to find Taylor waiting with the babies in the hallway. "Are we ready to go?" I smile at her as she holds Everleigh in her arms and the blonde nods, standing up with the toddler as I pick up Oscar's car seat. "Mama, mama." Everleigh squeals as Taylor sits her down in the car seat, "what is it, baby?" She laughs as she straps the little one in and Everleigh wiggles around a bit as she makes grabby hands, "Milk?" She coos at the blonde and Taylor smiles, "good girl, Ever."

We've been working on developing her words and it's going slow, but she knows what she's saying and when to say specific things and we're super proud of her. "You want your bottle, baby? Here you go." Ever always gets a bottle when she gets her snack, but she'll get her snack on the plane. "Good boy, Ossie." I pull the sun shade over the baby since he's sleeping and then I close his door.

"We'll see you soon." I press a kiss to Taylor's lips as she closes Everleigh's door too, and the blonde nods, "I'll see you on the plane." Taylor opens my door for me and I laugh as I get in and she kisses me one more time before closing it.

- Taylor -

The flight from Saint Louis to Nashville is only an hour, so once we're all on the plane, it doesn't take long. Oscar nursed for most of the flight, his way of soothing himself through the new experience. Karlie had to hold onto Everleigh most of the time because she was cranky and upset and didn't get much of a nap, so I'm assuming she's tired too, and the three older girls found plenty of ways to keep themselves entertained.