We ate dinner, me, the staff and the security details. We laughed and shared stories – some horror stories about the Palace. I noticed that the security avoided talking about 1 & 2 because the staff asked some questions and they just look at each other and smile.

After we cleaned up the place, I felt like I need to go home. Work's starting early tomorrow so I need to get some sleep. I walked towards the corridor, to the small room of the President. I pressed my ear to the door. One security detail laughed softly.

"Tahimik sila,"

I pressed my finger on my lips as a response as she giggled. I knocked softly on the door but of course, there was no response. I checked my watch – 1 am. I turned the knob and to my surprise it was not locked. The security details wait in bated breath as I softly open the door.

The table lamp light near the door is open. No kulambo. I'm hearing soft snores. I opened the door more and as quietly as I can, entered the room and looked at them.

His back is against the bed frame, his eyes closed. On his chest is her head resting, eyes also closed. His one hand is on her shoulder blades, the other, holding her hand on his belly. It is not the most comfortable position but I can hear soft snores which mean deep sleep. I smiled and looked at the security eyeing me curiously from the outside. I nodded at them. I slowly walk back outside as I murmur, "Uuwi na po ako sir, see you tomorrow and good night," when I heard a small voice in reply,

"Good night, Robert."

--

I went to the residence earlier than I should be there and to my surprise, the President and the Vice President were already awake and they're having breakfast with some of his staff.

"Robert, good morning," He greeted me. "Ma'am, kilala mo na si Robert?" he asked her.

She turned around to shake my hand and smiled enthusiastically, her dimples showing – they're right, her smile is really something.

"Upo ka, kain. Pasensya ka na, di na tayo nakapaghapunan kagabi," He told me.

"Ok lang sir, kayo po ata ni Ma'am ang di nakapaghapunan?" I tell him as I look at her.

"Pagod narin kami. Nakakawala ng gutom ang pagod, sa totoo lang," he replied weakly and the Vice President nodded softly.

He looked at her.

"Ma'am, sabihin mo na yan, para maka-move on ka na," he teased her. She laughed.

"Ang ano sir?"

"Yang dinadamdam mo,"

"Huh?" She looked at him and he looked down. I smiled. I was told last night by one of the security details that the Vice President's best asset is her eyes – and looking at it now, I agree.

"Na-fe-feel ko e," He told her and she laughed again.

Silence.

"Well, um," She cleared her throat. "Last night, Sharon called me," she started, looking at me. "Sharon Cuneta, oo. I was surprised because ang bungad niya sa akin ay Congratulations, VP! – not in the most enthusiastic tone pero encouraging. Sabi ko, naku ma'am, talo nga kami, pero salamat, but she replied, no, no, congratulations for all your hard work. You've worked so hard and you deserve all the congratulations for that work."

"So ako medyo nagtaka," she continued, "I asked her, ma'am anong meron? She did not answer agad, she asked about the kids, how are they and all pero I asked her again kung anong meron. She cleared her throat and told me that she heard her husband talking to President Noy over the phone. Nakinig daw siya from behind and she heard that um," she stopped and wiped her philtrum (space between nose and upper lip) with handkerchief.