Ch. 1

"Mr. Stark, please. For the love of our lord and savior Shaggy, please do not put me in lockdown!" Peter was extremely pissed. He hated when Tony babied him. It had become rather aggressive as of late due to a little incident that had taken place a few nights before. Turns out Hydra was very interested in him, and not in a good way. He had been caught off guard when he was trying to stop a supposed mugging, turns out it was a trap they had set out for him. He'd never admit it, but the only reason why he wasn't currently in Hydra's custody was because of Tony's detectors in his suit alerting Tony that he was in trouble. That and Karen had called him the moment he got jumped. 'Paranoid A.I.' Peter thought to himself recounting the events.

He had been wanting to patrol tonight since it was Friday and he could sleep in tomorrow. School was weighing him down lately and he really needed the de-stressor right now. But no. Instead he was sitting in the Avengers tower's kitchen fiddling with a fork of spaghetti as he and Tony argued about what was best for his safety. 'Safety? I'm a god damn superhero! There's nothing safe about it at all! It's part of the job!'

"Kid... I have no clue what you just said. However, Hydra wants your ass, therefore you stay here in the tower till we figure out what the hell they're up to!" Tony let out with a sigh. "I already called aunt hottie about the situation and she agreed that you're safer here. It's Friday so you can't pull some 'but it's a school night' crap that you always do!" He finished with a smirk.

"I'm not a baby." Peter shortly replied.
"Oh I know, you say it almost every time I see you." Tony joking teased. "That's why I'm having you stay here, I need you to run the analysis on our findings while we're out there distracting their attention away from you."

"Wait. So I'm actually going to be doing something?!" Peter was shocked! He fully believed that Tony was going to force him to stay as far away from the case as possible.

"Yeah you are! You're a hero just as much as anyone else on the team. You can bet your ass if Cap was in this situation, I'd be having him do the same damn thing!" Tony exclaimed.

Peter chuckled at his statement. "What, like he'd ever go along with THAT?" This caused Tony to sigh. It was true, despite how close the were, not even Tony could stop Steve when he made up his mind.

"Whatever, kid. You get the idea." Tony let out defeatedly. Peter nodding in response finally finished the plate of spaghetti he was fiddling with and took it to the sink.

"So, is anybody going to be staying with me in the tower while you're out?" Peter questioned innocently, hoping that he could take a page out of Steve's book if he was left to his own devices. He totally could run analysis and patrol at the same time. Right?

"Actually, about that kid..." Tony nervously responded. "There's someone come over to help that I think you should meet."