The A-Team

guyss, I need inspiration and ideas for this book or I'll have to delete omf please help guys

~

Yes, the famous A-Team by Ed Sheeran...there's loads of theories out there so I've combined my favourites to come up with this, hope you enjoy :)

~

Ed said that this song was about a girl called Angel he met a homeless shelter and this song is about her life as a prostitute and a drug addict. Please watch the video on the sidebar, it's so, so beautiful, please vote if I have changed your way of thinking about the song <3

White Lips (tasteless, over-used)

Pale face (tired)

Breathing in snow flakes (sniffing cocaine)

(Notice how all of these are "white": White, Pale, Snowflakes. This could symbolism innocence and purity, contrasting the song.)

Lights gone days end (at night is when she works)

Struggling to pay rent (spends her money on drugs)

Long nights, strange men. (She's a prostitute so her nights are taken up by strange men and sex)

And they say she's in the class A-Team (Cocaine is called a class A drug and it also refers to her being too far into her addiction)

Stuck in her daydream (stuck in her perfect world, away from reality)

Been this way since 18 (she became a prostitute at 18 or got addicted at 18)

But lately her face seems slowly sinking, wasting, (She's changing, everything's going downhill for her)

crumbling like pastries, (idk what to say, she's crumbling like a pastry?)

and they scream, the worst things in life come free to us, (her being abused and and used for sex, this is ironic as men pay to have sex with her)

cos we're just, under the upper-hand, (symbolizing lower class)

go mad for a couple grams (she would do anything for a few grains of drugs)

and she don't wanna go outside tonight, (she's hiding from reality) 

and in a pipe she fly's to her motherland, (when shes high, she feels as though she's in a place of comfort)

or sells love to another man, (has sex to earn money)

its too cold outside for angels to fly.(well her name was angel but I think its saying that the world is such a cold place, nothing good, (angels), can survive.)

Ripped gloves, raincoat (everything is tattered)

Tried to swim and stay afloat, (she's drowning in reality)

Dry house, wet clothes.
(this is the opposite of what it should be, she should have money for water in her house and her clothes should be dry)

Loose change, bank notes
(the only money she has is some loose change)

Weary-eyed, dry throat
(emphasizing her tiredness an unhealthiness)

Call girl, no phone

(again showing her poverty)

Then the lyrics basically just repeat themselves :)

I really hope you liked this, it took me so long to write, maybe share it if you think of the song differently and please vote, I love all. Please request stuff to write about :)