"He seems prepared."
Ingrid whispered, Severus smirked.

Dumbledore took Minerva's arm, leading her up onto the dance floor. Soon her fellow professors began to join in..one by one.

Ingrid didn't want to be asked to dance, she wasn't the best waltzer. She usually stepped on her partners feet.

Severus looked as if he was about to fall off of a cliff, his fingers tapping anxiously against his robes. Ingrid debated asking him to dance...

She opened her mouth, preparing to speak the words "Would you like to dance?". But she couldn't do it, it felt so odd saying it. And she knew he'd say no-or maybe he'd say yes, he awkwardly turned in her direction...when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

She turned, Igor Karkaroff was standing over her. Smiling.

".....Dance?"
He asked, his grin getting wider by the moment.

Ingrid wanted to disappear, but she knew she couldn't. She knew that she had to fufill her promise to him, and dance.

She nodded awkwardly, and he glided her out onto the dance floor.

They danced for awhile, Ingrid secretly hoping she'd step on his feet. But she never did, she shot glances occasionally at Severus. He looked completely emotionless, staring forward.

Then he made eye contact with her, she went to mouth the word "help" but he had already looked insecurely away, flouncing in the direction of the door.

Ingrid frowned, and looked back at Igor. His eyes where fixated on Severus also, Ingrid eventually shrugged it off and enjoyed dancing for a bit.

Igor began to get odder by the second, sometimes twirling her or making some weird motion. Ingrid usually just smiled in return and focused on stepping on his feet.

Soon the waltz was over, Ingrid awkwardly curtsy'd. Igor returning this with a small bow. He then took her hand once more, gliding her off of the dance floor.

"Drink?"
He asked, placing his hand on her lower back.

"I'm fine..thank you."
She smiled in return, moving his hand back to her shoulder.

"Are you positive?"
He asked, moving his hand onto her waist.

Who does this man think he is!?

Ingrid flung his hand off of her waist, giving him a deadly look.

"Quite."
She said, lowering her eyebrows and strutting away.

Everyone sat down for dinner, Ingrid made sure to stay far away from Igor. Taking a seat next to Hagrid and Filius, next to Hagrid was Madame Maxime. And they flirted all throughout the night.

Ingrid exchanged disgusted faces with Filius, occasionally pretend gagging. Hagrid was terrible at talking with girls, but Madame Maxime seemed to love him all the same.

Eventually dinner was over, and the students rushed to the dance floor. Filius offered Ingrid a dance, yet she kindly declined. Telling him she wanted to go check up on Severus, who hadn't shown for dinner.

Ingrid walked about in the courtyard for a bit, yet couldn't find him. It was beginning to get cold, she eventually wandered into the area where students parked their carriages..students stood around. Obviously snogging.

Disgusting.

A specific couple caught her eye, they didn't hear her coming footsteps. She walked towards them and illuminated her wand.