Chapter 1

I stumbled back as Nightmare steve hovered above me. I had my hand over my eyes to hide them from my friends who were locked in cages in front of me.

"Sabre Sabre... what? No fighting words? No 'I'll beat you, you won't win?' What's the matter? Is all your hope gone?" He laughed and I grew angry.

He taunts us, even after we've already lost. He launched himself forward and grabbed my neck to shove me against a wall. I shut my eyes tightly as I removed my hands to try to get his hands away from my neck.

I heard Rainbow and Galaxy scream my name, and suddenly felt the rage building more than I had ever felt before. This would be the last day this prick made my friends scared.

I snapped open my eyes

———————
I groaned as I sat up in bed, rubbing my neck. That dream was... unnerving. I couldn't remember most of it, only the fear of others and the feeling of openness in front of my eyes.

I shivered in the air of the house as I looked around. Rainbow and Galaxy were sleeping in another room, but they had given me a small 2 by 3 room to sleep in. I didn't know why, but it was helpful to keep the nightmares hidden.
I got out of bed and stretched, before making sure my bandanna was tied on tight and walking out the door. I paused before walking to the others as I felt electrified, as if I had been struck by lightning. I looked at my necklace my brother had given me before I left home to hide my powers, and panicked a little as I noticed it was cracked.
The necklace was more like an amulet. Like my brothers, except mine was green with a gold lining and his was purple.
It was made to keep my powers in check. When I was little, to make sure I didn't accidentally hurt someone with out of control powers. Now, to hide from the normals- or the ones who didn't have Brine magic. Steve's, they had bits and pieces of different Magic's. Lightning, fireballs, water, nature, all different powers that different Steve's had. But us Brines, we had all those powers within us. While yes, we are better at some than others, once trained we can use all of them. And that is terrifying to most. If Nightmare Steve knew who-or what I was, he would not stop in trying to capture me and drain my powers for himself. And if Rainbow or Galaxy found out... they would feel oh so betrayed... oh so scared... oh so fooled.

I gathered myself and chanted a quick quiet spell to fix the amulet for now. It wouldn't be a permanent fix, but it would last for about a week now.
I felt my lightning flow into he amulet and sighed in relief. I then walked out of the room and went to the food chest, to make food for Rainbow and Galaxy. And me I suppose.

----------

I had finished cooking some chicken in the furnace, when I heard a yelp and saw Rainbow  and Galaxy tumble down the stairs. I stifled a laugh. "Are you guys okay?" Even after me trying to hide it, there was still laughter in my voice. 

Galaxy glared at me. "Its not funny!!" he yelled. He tried to move but Rainbow was now sitting on top of him. "Rainbow!" He whined. "Let me up!" 

Rainbow laughed. He winced as he moved his arm but grinned at me. "I can see why you think this is funny, but I am comfortable and I dont want to- AHHCK" He was cut off by Galaxy teleporting out and Rainbow falling on the ground. As Rainbow laid there winded, Galaxy came back into the room and smirked. "Yeah, I see why you think this is funny." 

I sighed and shook my head. "C'mon guys, get your food and ill find a health potion for you." I went to the cupboard and searched through a couple chests before finding two healing potions. I sighed as I saw that we only had one left. I would need to go out and get more ingredients soon. I brought out the potions- only to sigh as I saw Galaxy and Rainbow bickering again. I put both potions in front of them before turning and walking out of the room. Instantly the bickering stopped.

"Sabre? Galaxy said questioningly. "Are you okay?" I sighed. 

"Im fine Galaxy. Just a headache." It was a difficult to put up with their squabbling, I couldn't imagine how dad felt raising me and my two brothers. I shook my head and said "Drink and eat up. Were heading out exploring."

Is that wise with Nightmare Steve out there?" Rainbow asked nervously. I turned and smiled at him. "Well be fine as long as we are careful. And anyways, were running out of stuff too, so we would have had to have left sooner or later." They nodded and I grabbed some things from my room, before we headed out the door.

----------------

I grunted as I avoided the fireball sent my way. Not even three hours and their squabbling had alerted Dark Steve to our presence. I had hidden them and told them to stay there until it was safe, then go home, but I had a feeling they wouldn't follow that. So I had to lead Dark Steve as far away as possible. I ducked through trees, and shallow caves, but I couldn't lose him. Soon enough I came upon a hole in the rock. I bolted in, before I realized just how similar this was to when Rainbow Steve trapped me, before he could speak. I couldn't leave now however, as there was lava there. While I did have an immunity to fire, that was only when i had my powers, which were locked using my amulet right now.

I kept running, panting now, until I came to a room that had an Iron cage in it surrounded by lava. I didn't even have time to react before I was shoved in the cage, head hitting the bars and immediately falling into blackness.

-------------------

S̶a̶b̶r̶e̶...

 S̶a̶b̶r̶e̶...

Y̶o̶u̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶...

Y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶k̶e̶...

Y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶...

P̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶...

S̶a̶b̶r̶e̶ ...

w̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶u̶p̶...

S̶t̶a̶y̶ ̶s̶a̶f̶e̶...