Start of Something

Start from the beginning

"What was all dat about?" August asked after with a lil smirk.

"Mama Sheila? " he grinned before wrapping me in his arms..." guess travis told her"

"You mad?" I asked bending my head to look up at him.

"Hell naww...I want er'body to kno exactly whose girl you are" he said before kissing my forehead.

"TT can we have some more of that fruit cake you made?" Chay asked me.

"As long as its fine wit your mama chay" I told her.

"Jus be sure yall leave a slice for uncle...if I knew dat cake was finna be so damn good. I would hav hid dat sucka in our closet," he said, causing the girls to laugh.

******one week later***

*Aug Pov*

I stood at da bar lookin at Eva mingling wit Chandra and some of her friends. My beautiful Doc had me caught up in a moment befo' my nigga interrupted.

"Nigga you sprungggg," Lloyd came over laughing

"Whatever man," I laughed before taking another sip of my beer. "Come on let me introduce ya, she a fan of yo curly headed ass"

****Eva Pov****

"Cha girl. I think im gonna have to fly u out to Atlanta every few weeks. Cause my hair is laid!" I said running my fingers through the bouncy curls.

"I on know why you aint just transfer to a college here. You could babysit for free and I hook up da hair for ya" she said giving me a thumbs up.

I giggled at her words. " maybe I would have if you told me this before August and I got together "

At that, I was interrupted by August walking over.

"Hey ladies. Eva babeh...I wanted ya to meet someone..." he said as I spun around.

"Wassup ma?" Lloyd said giving me one of his signature smiles. My eyes lit up.

"Oh my gosh...Auggo. this lloyd!" I said continuing to spazz.

They both chuckled at my enthusiasm.

"Nice to meet you Eva, lil bro here told me you were a fan so I had to come holla." Lloyd said to me.

"Yea," I giggled still being a bit starstruck. "Why you never tell me you knew lloyd?" I looked over at August.

" well we met down at da studio last month..was so much goin on I never got da chance," he explained with a little shrug.

"Yeah im just down here visiting some fam. But imma be back in the A in a week," Lloyd said to me.

"Nice," I said nodding my head.

"Errybody! Its almost midnight!!" The bartender yelled getting everyone's attention. " lets start da countdown now!"

"TEN!" He began gesturing for everyone to join in, as August pulled me a little nearer to him.

I looked up at him as I joined the countdown

5

4

3

2

1

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

The crowd shouted and hooted, clinking their beer mugs together but August and I were lost in each other.

He dipped me down old school style, kissing me deeply.

As we finally stopped to catch our breath he leaned in next to my ear and said,

"Happy new year babeh...cant wait to spend 2012 witchu"

I smiled at his words, wrapping my arms tighter around his neck....damn, this year was starting out perfectly.

My phone rang while August and I was still greeting and wishing all our friends a happy 2012.

I looked down at the number and a smile spread across my face.

"Auggo! Its my mother" I semi shouted to him over everyone's voices.

He grabbed my hand and lead me out of the crowd to a quieter part of the bar.

"Hey mammy!" I said answering my phone.

"Happy new year darling! " my mother Instantly said. Hearing her voice was the cherry on top of the night.

***Aug Pov***

"Yes ma, he right here wit me," I heard Eva say as she glanced at me. My eyes shot up, I know she had told her mama bout me but we had never talked befo'.

She giggled, " baby my mother says happy new year and be sure you take care of me, you in charge"

I chuckled at her moms message.

"Yes ma, I did" eva continued In her conversation.

"Ahhh you lie! " she laughed. "Well tell dem go easy on the mango chutney eh! And doe try it again"

I stood there taking in how happy she sounded talking to her ma.

"Ok..well I will call you tomorrow. Enjoy church service" she said before ending the call

I folded my arms while leaning on da wall.

"What?" She asked confused by my smirk I would guess

"What was dat?" I chuckled

"What you mean?" She asked again.

"I aint never heard you speak like dat. Ya know wit yo pure ass accent" I chuckled.

She raised an eyebrow at me smiling. " and so what? Aint da whole world speak like Nola folks. Ya heard me?" She said trying to imitate my accent.

I laughed. " dont even go dere...wit yo mama dont forgit dee mango and fruits sallaad tomarro ehhh"

Eva burst out laughing. "Boy you damn well know I dont sound like dat"

I laughed at my failed attempt. "Well nah, but you sounded hella sexy...you should talk like dat to me....when we alone" I said coming up to her and pecking her neck.

She rolled her eyes at me " Ahl-right Awh-gost" she teased and we both laughed.

"Lets go find Cha and get out of hea'" I said as we walked back to the crowd....

*******

Okay enough of these drama free chappies. Next one we goin 0 to 100 (real quick)

Thats Aug and Eves at the new years party in the multimedia...

Anywho stay tuned ! Love all of all yuh (in my Caribbean accent lol)

Comment, vote, shareee :)