To be or Not to?

3 Days later. Eva POV**** 

I sat in the library trying to concentrate on the notes in front of me, but my mind kept wandering back to August. I looked over at my phone to see if the LED light was blinking, but it wasnt. No messages I thought. 

"Hey boo!" Anika shouted a little too loudly as she made her way over to the table I was at. A couple other students shot her an annoyed look. 

"You do know you in a library right?" I said as she sat next to me. 

" Yea and so? I on even like bein in here to be honest. Erry time I step foot into a library I feel like 50 years older....damn dusty books drying out ma skin" she said sucking her teeth. 

I rolled my eyes, "so why did you come here?" 

"Because," she started, "I been looking for ya! we been so busy since classes started I havent asked if you ever heard back from August?" she looked at me waiting for an answer.

sigh, "nope nothing still" i said, leaning back into my chair. 

"shit. and you sure he saved your number correct?" she looked at me questioningly.

" I dunno, he took it down so.." I replied unsure.

"i bet thats what happened, Prolly entered a digit wrong. " she said nodding at her conclusion. "And a matter a fact, you got his number so you should call him!" she basically shouted.

"Excuse me but some of us are trying to read," a curly haired girl with glasses half whispered to Anika. 

she looked the girl up and down before saying, "well excuse you, aint nobody fault yo mama aint get you some functioning glasses so yo ass could READ without them binoculars you wearing!" 

The girl looked appalled and grabbed her bag before leaving. 

"Yeah thats right, go on down to lenscrafters why dont cha!" Anika said to her once more. Thats when everyone started SShing at her. 

"Ok I think its time to go," i said grabbing my books and Anika's arm. 

"Good! Now you can go call August" she said loudly smiling at me. 

***August POV*** 

" Yea dat sounded dope on da playback Chile" I said as we finished listening to one of my recordings. 

"I was thinking we add the harmonics to it, and see where that goes, " Chile said as I nodded in agreement. Just then my phone rang, I grabbed it out my pocket to see it was Eva calling. Fuck i thought. I hadnt called her since the day we ate at Popeye's and I was feeling damn guilty about it. Lord Knows i wanted to holla at her, but work had me so caught up.

"You gonna answer that or nah?" Chile said to me, breaking my train of thought. 

"Yea yea, gimme a min" I replied stepping out the studio. 

Me: Heyyy Shawty 

Eva: hey August. 

she sounded kinda down as she said that. 

"Wat it do do?" i said trying to play off the fact I never got back to her.

Eva: Not much, just here at school..classes started on Monday

ME: Oh coo. So u officially a doctor yet? I smiled 

EVa: no, longgg way from that. she chuckled. I was just calling to see how you were doing really. Havent heard from you in a minute. 

Me: yeah I know, i just been real busy at da studio, In fact dats where am at now. 

Eva: oh thats good....guess I should leave you to your work.