02. Granny's Advice

Start from the beginning

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"I will cut back on your royal duties if you make a bucket list of everything you want to do before you die. I want you to do everything, Victoria, I want you to live." Granny answered.

"Granny." I said.

"Trust me, Victoria, life is hard and I want you to never lose hope. And never underestimate the power of prayer. Do this for yourself. I'll come up with an excuse to tell everyone while you do this." Granny said.

"Thank you, Granny." I said as the car pulled up in front of Sandringham House.

28 December 2018

"Life is short, the world is wide

"Life is short, the world is wide. I want to make some memories." I said.

"So, you called us over to tell us a quote." Kitty said as she looked over at Rachel, who had made herself a drink.

"No, Granny knows and she asked me to make a bucket list of things I want to do before I die." I said.

"What are these things that you want to do?" Rachel asked.

"I don't know. I don't know what my future holds, but the world is wide and I want to make some memories." I answered.

"How about we make the list together?" Kitty asked.

"I guess I can take time off of work to do this with you two." Rachel said.

"Perfect, What's first on the list?" I asked.

"Well, to make a bucket list, we need to come to terms with who we are and what we have done with our lives, and a desire to complete a list of things we want to see and do before we die, well before Victoria does." Kitty answered.

"Well, I'll go first. I want to visit Victoria Falls in Zambia Zimbabwe." Rachel said. "I would also like to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro (Tanzania) and swim in crystal clear water in the Maldives." She added.

"See this is easy. I would like scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef, go Zorbing in New Zealand, and road trip from Melbourne to Cairns." Kitty said as she wrote down the things she and Rachel said.

"My turn, I want to visit Pompeii, Italy, go skydiving, attend Coachella Music Festival, be an extra in a Hollywood movie, make a song, stay in the Amazon jungle for 3 days." I said.

"See it's super easy to make a bucket list." Rachel said.

I held my glass cup up, making a toast with Kitty and Rachel.

"May the best of our lives be the best of our lives." I said.

"May the best of our lives be the best of our lives." Kitty said.

"God, we're so corny. May the best of our lives be the best of our lives." Rachel said.