chapter 4

It's been over 6 months since I've been in New York. I love it here. It's like Canada all over again. I get all 4 seasons which I'm super happy about.

I've been focusing a lot in school which is so good and also Lorenzo and I have gotten closer.

Him and I have such a good friendship that I completely have all my trust in him.

I can say that I do have a little crush on him but for now, I'll keep it on the low only because I don't want to ruin our good friendship that we have.

"Pass me the vitamins please" I said to Lorenzo as I was coughing. I was really sick. I have been absent from school for a whole entire week. Luckily, Lorenzo brought all the work I needed from school.

He got up from my bed and went to get my gummy vitamins from my dresser.

"Yea, you're definitely not going to school today and neither am I because I'm staying with you today" he said smiling passing me my vitamins.

"No, you are going to sc-" and right before I could even finish my sentence, I started to sneeze.

"That's a sign, I'm not going to school" he said getting on my bed.

"Plus, it's mid February, it's snowing like crazy outside, who would want to go to school when the weather is ugly out" he said looking up at the ceiling.

I nodded my head as I got comfortable in my bed. I just couldn't resist the cold. I had 4 big blankets on top of me because it was really that cold.

My fever was so high, I could barely move my legs and my arms.

"Hey, you okay ?" Lorenzo asked.

"No" I said tearing up. "I hate getting high fevers, they are the worst" I said coughing.

Lorenzo crawled next to me as he got under the sheets. He put his arms around me making sure I'm okay.

"I'm right here. You tell me what medicine you want and I'll pass it over to you alright ?" He said kissing my temple.
"Go to sleep, I know you're tired, I'll be here" he said softly. I nodded my head as I turned my body the other way facing his chest and I instantly fell asleep.

...

I really fell asleep for 6 hours. World record

I flutter my eyes open to see around my room as I hear  Lorenzo snoring next to me. I lift my head up to make its him and I smile. It really is him.

He's so perfect.

"Thank you" he said lightly sleeping.

"What ?" I said nervously.

"You said I'm perfect, thanks" he said kissing my forehead. I chuckle as to his response.

"I want to take you out on a date, of course with your parents consent" he said fluttering his eyes looking right at me.

"Would like to go on a date with me, Adeline ?" He said cheesing.

"I would love too" I said smiling. He sighs.

"You know, when I first met you, I didn't think we would get as close as we are now" he said wrapping his arms tightly around me.