On my honour!

Chapter Thirty-One

Chaos.

That is the only word to describe the scene in front of me. 

Bodies lying around with limbs disembodied, children crying over the corpses of their parents and parents crying over the young and broken corpses of their children. 

This sight right in front of me broke me. No child should experience the pain of losing their parents and no parents should have to experience the loss of their children, who were so young and innocent just wanting to do their duty to themselves and their family even at such young and tender ages. 

"Alright everybody, listen up!" I felt the need to give them some hope of restoring themselves and their hearts, however, what has to be said will be said with a heavy heart on my part, I never was much good at these things, "there has been much loss in the first battle, and it is with a heavy heart and conscience that I inform you all that before the war is won there will be much more."

Outrage poured from the gathered crowd and it made me just want to crawl behind rock and never come out again.

Shouts of hatred, anger and dispair echoed throughout the battlefield.

'How much more loss can we cope with?'

'You began this, you should end it!'

'How many more lives will be lost before you admit defeat?'

'We're all going to die!'

It's depressing to know that some of them are blaming me for their loss even though I might be to blame. 

"ENOUGH! Now, are you going to continue searching for a scape goat or are you going to listen to what my beatiful mate has to say?"

I was so grateful in that moment. Grateful that I was blessed with such a kind and caring soul-mate as well as one who is commanding yet just, all of the good qualities of a king, even though I suppose he is sort of a king to his pack of werewolves.

"As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I know the pain you are feeling because I too have experienced the very same at the very hands of the ones who are causing this right now. Or, should I say one. I must admit I haven't been 100% honest with you all for, in a way, I am the one who caused all of this pain, hurt and suffering, maybe not directly, but indirectly. For those of you who do not know, I am a princess of the ocean, only blood heir to the throne that is at this very moment occupied by the one hoping to destroy us all. He is not one to give up, I should know, I was his best friend for close to a century. I know him, I know his habits and I know how he fights but more importantly, I know what he is most likely to do. Unfortunately, there is some bad news, we don't know exactly what numbers we shall be facing so, I repeat, it is with a heavy heart, conscience and soul that I inform you that countless more lives shall be lost in the battle for the safety of us, our children and our childrens children! Let not the sacrifice of our soldiers be in vain! Let us win the battle, let us win the war and, more importantly, let us win the right to live how we want to live with who we want to live it with! So, I ask you as a soldier, a comrade in arms and a leader, who will stand by me in the difficult times to come?"

Roars of agreement, support and love erupted from the crowd of what was once a few werewolves to hundreds, maybe even thousands of 'mythical' creatures all willing to lay down their lives for others, all willing to become martyrs to protect their friends and family. 

"ARE YOU WITH ME!"

'YES!'

'YES!'

'YES!'

"Now, let us march onward and meet our enemy at a place of our choosing!"

**********TIME LAPSE**********

It was nightfall before we finally found suitable ground and set up camp and let me be the first to say that it is a beautiful place for us to win our well deserved  victory. 

Yes, victory.

I am determind that we shall win, even at the cost of my own life or freedom. 

We were all just about to settle down for the night when the moment I had been anticipating came at long last.

We all lined up and waiting for Lucas' signal. We knew they were here but I don't know if they know that we know they are here. The smoke from their torches sort of give away their location if they were trying guerilla warfare tactics, blending into their environment and such. l have been waiting for this day for 400 years, and, now that is has finally come I am remorseful and the feeling of guilt is overwhelming me. Don't get me wrong, he has to be eradicated like the vermin he has turned out to be but I spend so many happy years being his friend, teaching him and learning the ways of commoners from him that it is difficult to see past the nostalgia of what once was. 

"Honey, it's time. They are nearing the border and I think you need to see what I saw. I don't know what to make of it but I have an inclination that you might."

Without a word, I just started forward, not even looking at Lucas for if I did I would surely break down. 

None of them knew what I was going to do, none of them even suspected what I am about to do. 

I, myself, don't know what I am about to do to be honest, but, the one thing that I am 100% sure of is that I refuse to let any more lay down their lives for me, even if they believe  it to be worth their lives and their soul. 

On my honour, dignity and pride I swear that I will do everything in my power to ensure that no more innocent lives are brutally ripped from this world before their time.

On my very honour...