Chapter Three

I look at myself in the mirror. I should really start dressing like this more. It's not anything all that fancy, just a simple dress shirt and jeans, but I managed to fix my hair and that makes me look so much better. I always dress up a little when I go out with Cheryl. Can't let her be the only person who's dressed up when they don't have to be. I don't wear dress shoes though because fuck that.

I walk down the stairs and try my best to ignore the fact that Hiram is staring at my ass. Fucking gross. I wave goodbye and quickly leave and see the other man who is trying to own me parked right behind Cheryl.

I quickly climb in Cheryl's passenger seat and once I'm sure Reggie won't see it, I roughly slap the back of Cheryl's head. "Hey," she yells and I just want to hit her again.

"You deserved it and you know it," I say and she rolls her eyes.

"I'm trying to save you from being Hiram Lodge's bitch, so you should really be thanking me. I don't respond for a while and just stare out the window as she begins to drive.

Despite still being pissed at her, it is nice to go out again. If only there wasn't a piece of shit following us. Next time I'm trying to avoid Reggie, I'm calling Betty. She would make sure that Reggie didn't come along. Actually why the hell didn't I call Betty?

When we arrive, I don't even get a chance to try and open my door. Reggie swings it open and smiles down at me. He didn't even try to make the smile seem sweet, instead cocky as if I was falling head over heels for him just from this.

He sticks his hand out and I take it, giving the fakest smile possible. He doesn't let me pull my hand away, instead roughly holding it. Could a werewolf hunter or vampire come and kill one of us? Please.

No? Well fuck me I guess.

While I would prefer to sit at the bar and get a few free drinks from horny men, we instead take a seat in the back corner of the place. Maybe I could still manage to get a shot from one of the guys if I bat my eyelashes or something. With great power, comes a great need to abuse it.

"I think I'll go order our food," Cheryl says and smirks at me. I smile back and roughly kick her in the leg and she winces.

"Oops," I say and she glares at me for a moment before standing. Maybe I could slam her head against the table and that would end this night would be worth it. She would probably just return the favor and we'd be fine. We've literally beat the shit out of each other and then laughed it off right after. If we weren't fast healers it would probably have destroyed our friendship, but it just helped us get our anger out. Sometimes we fought when we weren't even upset with each other.

"You planning to sing tonight," Reggie said and I knew he wasn't really asking. He fully intended to make me sing for him.

"I don't know. Depends if they've put the list away yet," I say and I know for a fact they don't. Betty and Archie have been talking about how great this place was since it opened. I just hoped Reggie doesn't know that.

"I'll go check," Reggie says and walks away and eventually finds it. I watch as he writes my name down and then walks back over. "There you go. I've never heard you sing before so this should be exciting," he says and the smile he's wearing almost seems genuine. It would have been cute if I wasn't pissed off.

"You signed up yet," Cheryl asks me and I can tell she already knows the answer. She sits back down and I kick her knee again and she winces. Reggie looks at her, confused. "Accidentally hit the table," she says and I can't help but smile at that.

"I actually signed him up," Reggie says and that makes Cheryl smile. I'm so glad we're all just so fucking happy now.

"I should go write down what I'm gonna sing actually," I say and stand. I take my time to walk over, trying to calm myself down.