Chapter 2

After school when Corwin got home, he told his mom about Scarlet moving. He was very sad because they had been best friends since preschool. He was afraid to lose her.

     "Mom, what am I supposed to do when she leaves? I don't have any other friends."

     "Yes, you do Corwin. You just don't know it."

     "You don't understand I never made any other friends, because I didn't need to."

     "Well sweetie, I bet you can make some. It's never too late you know."

     "Okay mom, I'll try. I'm going to go do my homework."

     "Okay, I'll call you down when supper is done."

     "Alright."

     As Corwin walked up to his room he thought about Scarlet. He was worried that she won't be able to make any friends. He got passed it though, because she was an amazing person and everyone will love her.

     Corwin was sitting on his bed doing his homework when Scarlet walked into his room. She looked like she was about to cry.

     "Scarlet? You okay? Come here and tell me what's wrong."

     She started to talk but then bursted out balling and couldn't finish. She went over to his bed and layed down. He comforted her till she stopped crying so she could tell him what's wrong.

     "Thanks Corwin."

     "No problem. Now what's wrong?"

     "I'm afraid of losing you. You're my best friend...I can't leave. I won't make any friend."

     "That's a lie. You're an amazing, ,and everyone will like you."

     "Maybe the girls but that's not where I fit in. I want to fit in."

     "It will be okay. You will find someone or group where you fit in."

     "I fit in with you, Corwin."

     "It's not like we are going to stop talking. We can still be best friends."

     "Yeah, okay. Maybe I will fit in the girls. I don't but I will see."

     They go downstairs to eat supper and try to have the best night of their lives. They had steak and mashed potatoes that night. They talked and laughed throughout the time they ate. When they were done, they went back upstairs and messed around. It got really late, and they ended up falling asleep. Their parents didn't care because they do it all the time.

     When they got up the next morning, they had pancakes for breakfast. They got ready for school and came back down stairs.

     "You guys ready to leave?"

     "Yep."

     "Alright, let's go."

     On their way to school, they talked about how they have to make the best out of the day. Corwin's mom told them that they can have fun as long as they don't get in to much trouble. They pulled up to the school and got out of the car.

     "Bye mom!"

     "Bye sweetie."

     "Yeah, bye mom!"

      "Bye Scarlet. You're welcome to come to our house after school."

     "Okay."

      As they head into the school, Corwin says,"Pshh, aren't you always welcome in our house?"

     "Yeah. More than you're welcome." Scarlet said laughing.

     They walked into first hour and it's the same as any other day. They still payed attention during class they talked and giggled. They almost got moved apart from each other but didn't.

     They got through the next three classes without getting in big trouble. Then they went to lunch, and broke some of the rules. Such as, no running, no budging, and no standing on the chairs. They may have been small rules but if they were to get caught they would have been in huge trouble. They made sure that no teachers were looking when they did it because they knew the consequences.

     They didn't do to much in the next couple classes because the teachers were strict and the classes were hard. During eighth hour, however all what they did was stir up trouble. They got warnings but didn't get in loads of trouble because the teacher didn't care considering it was study hall. They went to Corwin's house after school and when they walked into the kitchen and Scarlet burst out in happy tears.