6: The boy who lived.

Start from the beginning

So how did Harry Potter put his name in the Goblet Of Fire.

Harry shamefully stood up with Grangers help, walking slowly past all of his frowning and reprimanding peers. He made his way to the front and stood awkwardly with the other champions, Snape looked infuriated.

Oh goodness..
Ingrid thought, wishing she could've given the boy support.

The ceremony was soon over, Dumbledore instructed the students to report to the basement. And all staff to stay in the great hall.

The champions did as they where told, all staff (including Ingrid) stayed inside of the greathall, awaiting further instruction.

Ingrid stepped down the steps with a confused look on her face, the room automatically erupted in argument. Headmasters shouting things back and fourth, pointing the blame on different people. Ingrid stood absolutely Dumbfounded at their childish behavior-approaching Snape, who looked the same way as she did.

"What in Merlin's sweaty beard just happened?"

Snape leaned over to her, whispering something in her ear.

"Conceited Potter did something utterly stupid again. You'll get used to it."
Ingrid lowered her eyebrows as the headmasters began to group together, following Dumbledore.

They argued through corridors and down the stairs, Ingrid following closely behind Snape and Minerva. The shouting only continued, Snape attempting to reason with Dumbledore, and doing no good.

They reached the basement, Harry looked absolutely scared out of his mind. Dumbledore pinned him against the wall..

"HARRY DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIRE?!"
He asked, fuming.
(Cough, calmly)

"No sir!"
Harry replied, briskly.

"DID YOU ASK ONE OF THE OTHER STUDENTS TO DO IT FOR YOU?!"
He asked, Ingrid's eyes widened as she stood behind Snape. Who's eyes darted at her for some moments.

"No sir!"
Harry said, shaking in Dumbledore's grip.

"ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY SURE?!"
He asked again, shaking Harry more.

"Yes sir.."
Harry replied, Dumbledore released him from his grip.

"But of course he is lying!"
Madame Maxime said, brushing the chandelier over like it was a toy.

"For hell he is. The Goblet Of Fire is a exceptionally powerful object of magic, only a exceptionally powerful confondis charm could've lifted it. Way beyond the tons of a fourth year!"
Moody argued, waddling up to where Harry stood.

Ingrid stood uncomfortably between Snape and the Ministry worker, looking to Minerva for an explanation of what was happening.

"You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought, Mad eye."
Igor Karkaroff spoke, attempting to intimidate Moody.

"It was once my job to think as dark wizards do, Karkaroff perhaps you remember."
He snapped back, frowning at Igor.

"That doesn't help Allastor!"
Said the Ministry worker, walking in between the two. Ingrid struggled to catch up with the crowd, a sinking feeling her stomach.

"What does this mean to you Barty?"
Asked Dumbledore, approaching him.

"The rules are absolute..the Goblet Of Fire constitutes a binding magical contract, Mr.Potter has no choice...He is as of tonight.....a triwizard champion."

Snape and Ingrid exchanged frightened looks, and peered to Harry. The poor boy was under so much pressure...for something he possibly didn't even do...

"Well then...you'd all best get your rest, you have a long journey ahead. Ingrid, Severus, Minerva and Allastor...stay for a moment."
Dumbledore instructed, everyone left. Leaving the rest of the staff alone..

Snape leaned anxiously on a table, Minerva nervously tapping her fingers against her robes. Ingrid had heard of the darkmark incident...but hadn't thought for one minute that Hogwarts would be a target..

"This can't go on Albus...First the darkmark. Now this?"
Minerva said, tapping her fingers harder on her robes.

"What do you suggest Minerva."
Dumbledore asked, peering into a large disk that Ingrid understood to be the pensieve.

"Don't let it continue. Put an end to it! You can't let Potter compete.."
She observed, Dumbledore was quick to respond.

"You heard Barty the rules are clear..."

"To the devil with Barty...and his rules. And since when did you accommodate them?!"
She asked, slumping against the table.

Snape stepped up, brushing past Ingrid.

"Headmaster, I too find it difficult to believe that it's a meer coincidence..However if we are truly to discover the meaning of these events, perhaps we should-for the time being-Let them unfold..."

Ingrids eyes widened as she stepped up next to him.

"I may not know a lot about the triwizard tournament..but that could possibly put Potter in danger! The last thing you need is for this to go even more public than it already is going to go!"
She argued, exchanging looks with Minerva. Snape bobbed his head slightly in agreement-But before he could argue back..

"I agree....With Severus..."
Dumbledore said, Minerva threw up her arms in frustration and returned to the fireplace. Ingrid crossed her arms stubbornly.

"Allastor...keep an eye on Harry will you? You two Ingrid."
Dumbledore instructed, looking to both of them.

Ingrid nodded, if there was something she knew how to do...it was keeping an eye on someone.

"I can do that."
Moody spoke, stepping up a bit.

"I also."
Ingrid replied, nodding her head slightly.

"Get to know him...as anxious enough as he is...knowing what lies ahead. Then again, we all are."
He took a memory from his head, placing it into the pensieve.

Minerva groaned frustratedly, Ingrid only left the room quietly. Snape following closely behind her.

They closed the doors and took the stairs up, Snape looking to Ingrid.

"Do you need assistance getting back to your designated Quarters. Or do I get to go to sleep?"
He asked, sarcastically.

"I suppose I'll be fine. Thank you for offering however."
She replied politely.

"You are welcome."
He nodded his head, before flouncing away to the dungeons. Ingrid to her classroom..

That night was a sleepless one.

-AN-
Thank you for reading :)
Uh oh. Looks like no nosed Ned is coming back to play.
I hope you enjoy this fanfiction as much as I'll enjoy writing it! This will be the only book, therefore it will be really long. This whole story takes place within the Goblet Of Fire, Order of the Pheonix, halfblood Prince, and deathly hallows! I'll be publishing whenever I finish one of those books/movies. The Goblet Of Fire part will be the first to be published :)))