up all night

Depuis le début

"I really hate you right now Colby," Aaron says.

"You know you love me," I shout right as he jumps in. The splash was big and we all had to take a step back so we didn't get wet.

His head emerged from the water and he's hissing at the temperature. Corey, Jake, Sam and I are all laughing at Aaron. He's swimming to the steps. He gets out shivering, reaching for the towel. I stop recording.

"I'm going to change," he announces as we all go back inside. He drips his way upstairs. We sit back in our circle with the exception of Aaron.

"Let's go a round without him. I think he's gonna be awhile," Corey says, spinning the bottle even though it was supposed to be Aaron's turn. It lands on Sam.

It was silent while Corey thought of something for Sam to do. His blonde hair was swept to the side like it always is. His eyes were staring wide at Corey, blue eyes staring onto the other brunettes face. And I noticed he was playing with his fingernails, something he did when he is nervous. I bite my lip as a devious smile forms on Corey's face.

"Let's spice things up shall we," Corey says. "Sam, I dare you to kiss Colby."

I almost choke on my saliva and Sam screams, "What?"

I'm looking everywhere except Sam because I know he's looking at me and I don't want to make it more awkward. Jake is chuckling beside me and I want to slap him. Sam is asking if he can do something else instead of kiss me.

No one knows this but Sam and I have kissed before, way back when we still lived in Kansas. I was spending the night at Sams house one day and we were talking about how we've never had our first kiss. One thing led to another and we kissed that night. We swore we'd never tell anyone and to this day, no one knows. In fact, we don't mention it to each other anymore. So for Corey to dare Sam to kiss me was kind of a big deal.

"Cmon just a peck. It doesn't have to last long. Colby, you down?" Corey was saying.

I finally look at Sam. His eyes were wide but he didn't look scared or nervous. I think he actually wanted to kiss me but he acted like he didn't. I, myself, kind of wanted to kiss him again. I mean it was senior year when we kissed, I'm sure his lips have changed. And I've been having this feeling of attraction towards him lately, ever since he broke up with his girlfriend.

"Yeah, I'm down," I shrug. Corey claps his hands. Sam sighs, closing his eyes before reopening them.

I lean on my hands in the middle of the circle. Sam does the same thing and we're inches away. I held my breath as he comes closer.

Then his lips are on mine. It was only for a few seconds but it left me stunned. It was nothing like senior year yet I wanted more. I open my eyes to see Sam about to cry. Corey doesn't look as excited as he did a minute ago.

"Sam? You alright?" Corey whispers. I lean back down to my spot next to Jake.

"U-uhm I've gotta go," Sams voice cracked as he got up. It made me cringe because I knew he was crying.

Once he left we all looked at each other. Well they're actually looking at me like I had an explanation on what just happened. But I didn't, so I just shrug. There was really no point in playing the game anymore. It was super late and we were all tired now. As we're leaving the living room, Aaron comes back down in dry clothes.

"What's going on?" He questions, pointing between all of us.

"Sam and Colby kissed and now we're done and going to bed," Jake told him.

"Wait? And I missed it?" Aaron says.

I roll my eyes, he was only interested in missing Sam and I kiss. He didn't even ask where Sam went. While they talk about our kiss, I head upstairs. Before I go into my room, I pause. I hear quiet sobs and sniffles from Sams room. It broke my heart to think he was sitting alone in his room crying. I wanted to make sure he was alright.

I knock lightly on his door, "Sam?"

He goes quiet almost immediately. I try the door but it's locked. I lean my head against the white door, fingers clasped around the handle. I knock again slightly but still nothing.

"It's Colby, open up for me Sam," I say quietly so the others won't hear. They were clomping up the stairs now, each going to their own rooms.

I hear shuffling on the other side of the door. Then the door opens and I'm face to face with Sams swollen eyes. I walk in and close the door behind me while he makes his way back to bed. He crawls back under his sheets. I sit on the edge of his bed and I could feel the tension in the room.

"Talk to me Sam," I say.

"You're going to hate me," Sam hiccups. I shake my head because I could never hate Sam. I gently place my hand on his leg that's buried under millions of blankets.

"I know it was only for like two seconds but I liked it," Sam whispers a few minutes later. I try not to smile as I know what he's talking about.

"Liked what?" I question.

"Don't make me say it," Sam whispers, voice cracking again. I move closer to him and remove the sheets from his face.

"I don't know what you're talking about if you don't say it Sam," I tell him. His teary eyes glance at me.

"The kiss. I liked the kiss," he rushes out. A tear drips from his face and I wipe it away before it could fall on his dark grey sheets.

"And I know we said we'd never bring it up again but I've been wanting to kiss you since senior year," Sam talks fast.

"And kissing you tonight made me realize that I... I," Sam stutters over his words. He finally goes quiet. It was just a peck yet Sam was all flustered over it.

"Say something Colby," he whispers through tears.

But I don't say anything instead I lean down and kiss him. His lips are softer than before. He wasn't expecting it so he stiffens but then kisses me back. We kiss for what seems like hours before I pull away. I lean my forehead against his trying to catch my breath. His lips are swollen from the kiss and his eyes had dried themselves out.

"I like kissing you," I say. He giggles softly.

"I've been wanting to kiss you since senior year too," I continue. He leans up to kiss me again and I capture his bottom lip between my teeth.

I straddle him, his hands on my thighs. Our lips work together in sync, kissing hard. He allows my tongue to enter his mouth and he lets out a soft moan. I cup his cheeks, running my thumb over his jawline. I pull away biting his bottom lip again.

"I could do this all night," Sam says. His eyes seemed to sparkle in the low light, his cheeks bright red. I look at the time, 3:17am. I had a feeling we were going to be up all night, tangled in each other.

(I feel like the ending was rushed oops)