25

3597 words. Grab your tea and buckle up because this chapter is a long one ;))

-

"It's too quiet."

Im Changkyun and Jung Daehyun were both looking down the street Kihyun lived on, the crossroad at the end lead to scattered housing, but bar from that, nothing. A lush green forest was the only thing that went on from the long street and surrounded the pack's boarders yet even that was deadly silent.

"It's tranquil?" Daehyun said hesitantly, scratching his nape and shaking his bangs out his face. Changkyun just kept a straight face saying nothing more or nothing less. Daehyun could sense there was something up, Changkyun wasn't usually the quiet type to say the least. He'd usually have started up multiple conversations by now.

"what's the matter?"

"I haven't seen anyone so far from Kihyun's pack, I have this horrible feeling something's going to happen" The pair had been waiting around 30 minutes already, in that time Kihyun had presumably made it to his house and was now with his family. However, none of them should've been worried. Shownu had said he'd got to meet with Alpha Yongguk, but then he would come and meet Kihyun's family with their pack Alpha. Yet 30 minutes later and both Daehyun and Changkyun were now seemingly on high alert.

"Really? You think so?" Daehyun barely managed to whisper. Changkyun nodded slowly.

"It wouldn't be this quiet for nothing..."

Snap.

Both Beta's jumped, also immediately drawing their blades behind them in the direction of the forest. Yet, the sight of a small bird on a low branch flying away made both of them sigh in relief.

"Bloody hell, we're going paranoid" Changkyun muttered, yet the faint noise of footsteps in the shrubs and whispers of human voices picked up by their wolf senses told the two to keep their swords drawn out.

"Speak of the devil aye?" Daehyun sniggered, Changkyun rolled his eyes as the voices and noises got progressively louder

"Shush! Who goes there!" Changkyun shouted, just as two figures appeared from the hedgerow, both dressed in the White Hope formal pack uniform, swords tied round their waists. Daehyun and Changkyun looked over at each other suspiciously, before looking back at the two new figures.

"Woah! No need to go pointing swords mate!" The one shouted, he smiled revealing dimples in his cheeks, yet he still looked sophisticated and charismatic when speaking. His black hair was styled back, his one hand on his own sword. Changkyun immediately picked up he was a Beta, presumably an elite.

His friend however remained straight faced and silent, his brown curly hair almost getting in his eyes. But there was something strange about him, he had such a presence, even more powerful that the black haired Beta, but Changkyun couldn't put a finger on what he was. Instead, a strange feeling crept up his spine.

"Sorry" Daehyun shouted back, Changkyun watched suspiciously as the innocent Beta besides him put his sword back in his holder, yet Changkyun kept his own drawn but lowered to his side.

"Don't get saying sorry-"

"Who are you" The charismatic one was interrupted by the other, his cold gaze landing upon the two Betas. Changkyun just stared at him for a while, Daehyun continued to speak.

"Elites from the Bloody Knight pack, escorts to Yoo Kihyun" Daehyun said enthusiastically as ever, yet the one Changkyun couldn't figure out remained expressionless.

"So you're the scumbags who invaded?" His expression suddenly changed, becoming more contorted in anger, frustration.

"Not us personally" Daehyun laughed nervously, shooting a cautious look over at his comrade.