Chapter Three

I felt someone shake me a bit, “Kristen, Kristen wake up.” I groaned but opened my eyes to see Leo staring down at me. I gave him a small smile, and pushed my self off his chest, which was actually really comfortable. “What time is it?”

Leo looked over at his phone screen, “Its barely 7:10, you should head back to your room before any of the nurses catches us, I’m surprised none of them came to check on you throughout the night.” I nodded, and pushed myself out of his bed. 

He frowned and looked up at me, “I’m so sorry.” I raised an eyebrow, “What are you talking about?” His eyes flicked towards my arm, the same one he had grabbed when I had lost my balance. “Oh, its okay. I tend to bruise easily, its fine.” He nodded, but I continued to think that he didn’t believe me.

“I’m heading back now.” He nodded, and I started to retreat back to my room. “Kristen?” I turned around and looked back at bald boy, my new nickname for Leo, he just didn’t know it yet. “I had fun, we should do this again.” I gave him a genuine smile, “Yeah, except next time we actually watch the movie.” Leo gave me my favorite crooked smile, and nodded, “The falling asleep with you was still fun.” 

I chuckled and headed back to my room, passing the red head whose name I learned happened to be Britney. “I see you got cozy with Leo, you’re welcome.” I raised an eyebrow and leaned against the nurse’s station, “I’m sorry?” She gave me a sweet smile, which I was a bit weirded out by because I could tell it wasn’t fake. “I saw that you were missing, so I went to go find you and I did, in Leo’s room. I managed to keep Nurse Jackson from checking on you, I just finished telling her a few minutes ago, that you’re doing your morning stroll.”

Nodding, I thanked her and headed back to my room. Seeing Dr. McAndrew, on my way towards my room, he nodded at me, “I’ll see you in about an hour to start, okay?” I nodded again, and got into my room, heading into my personal bathroom. 

I took a quick shower, and did my whole routine. I managed to slip on a pair of black tights, and I only had my bra on when I was starting to have trouble putting on my shirt. It wasn’t that I couldn’t do it, it was just that I was to tired to even stand. 

I managed to press the call button that was conveniently placed in the restroom before collapsing. A few seconds later, I could hear Nurse Jackson yelling for me. I tiredly banged on the door so she could know that I was in the restroom. 

Opening the door, she called over Kenji so he could help her. “She’s starting to get more and more tired everyday, Dr. McAndrew needs to start her chemo now.”

Kenji managed to help me up, and I heard a voice coming from the hall. “Is she okay? Whats wrong with her?” It was Leo.

He couldn’t see me like this, maybe he shouldn’t see me at all. 

Leo managed to get a sight of me and he tried to come in, but nurse Jackson wouldn’t let him. The male nurse, also known as the awesome and quite fabulous nurse named Kenji, quickly helped me slip on my shirt, seeing as I was shirtless when I had collapsed. 

“Kenji?” 

He looked down at me, “Whats up princess?” He had began to call me that when he heard my British accent and annoying asked me if I had ever had tea with the queen, to which I replied ‘Yes, every tuesday morning.’

“You think its okay to let people in?”

“Are you talking about Leo Roth?”

“Is it that obvious?”

“No, but I did help Britney keep nurse Jackson from finding out.”

“Oh.”

“In my opinion, I think its okay. You’re going to need someone and being alone will just make it harder for you.” He paused before sighing, and looked over at Leo, who was still waiting to see if he could come in.