2

Ash's Pov.

As I walked up to him, he turned towards me and lightly smiled.

"Ah, Ash. Its been a while hasn't it?"

"What the hell are you doing here."

"Trying to be better than you, of course."

I gripped my arms into a fist as I kept talking to him.

"You really haven't change. I thought you give up after six years already."

"Same goes to you." He ended with a wink. I felt my face get hot, but I ignored it and pulled Gary closer by his shirt.

"Bastard..."

As I was getting violent, I felt arms open the gap between us, separating us from each other .

"You guys better calm down!"

It was Cilan.

"C-Cilan? When did you-"

"Gary Oak..." Said Cilan, ignroing my voice and focusing on Gary. "Its been long, the last time I saw you was when you defeated me and my brothers."

Gary reached for something in his pocket and took out his badge display case, with all 8 of them of this region.

"Yeah, but I've gotten pretty stronger since I last battled you. "

I really wanted him to shut up now. Although me and Gary are like enemies, I've sorta always wanted to battle with him. I wanted to see my Pikachu beat his Espeon's ass.

I got in between them and glared at Gary. "Oh really? Don't get to cocky now, so have I. You wouldn't mind having a battle would you?"

He grimaced and looked back at me.

"Not at all. Just to let you know, my Espeon has gotten very strong, and isn't afraid to kick ass."

I tightened my teeth and sent out Pikachu.

"Pikachu! Use thunderbolt attack."

Pikachu jumped and in mid air, he released a thunderbolt.

"Espeon! Use shield!"

The thunderbolt reflected of the mini protection bubble around Espeon and projected towards Iris, who was gripped onto Cilan, watching us from behind.

"Move!" I screamed, before it was to late. They ran to the right, dodging the attack, which landed on a tree, causing it to fall down and crash to the ground, shaking the ground like a small earthquake.

I looked back at Gary, who had a face of guilt ."Crap. Look what you did."

Gary's Pov.

In all honesty, I missed Ash. Even if it looks like as if I hate him, I really don't. And even if I make fun of him, I don't really mean it, I just like looking at him mad, it brings back the old times when we were at Pallet Town.

" How the hell was it my fault, it was you'r Espeon's attack that caused it!"

As I looked at him, I heard the sound of a police siren. Shit. It was probably officer Jenny.

I could hear the roaring sound of her motorcycle engine getting closer. As I looked behind me, the motorcycle got parked under a shade of a tree, and out came the angry cop.

"You boys are old enough to understand that you can't battle in public places like this! This is a park, for all you could've know, you could have squished a kid under that tree."

"Were sorry." We all said: Iris, Cilan, Me and Ash in unison.

"You better be! Go battle somewhere else, and I better not get any complains from you guys!" She then walked of to her bike, and motered away, with clouds of smoke behind the vehicle.

Us all four looked at each other and began to laugh, like kids.

The laugh that still sounded the most comforting was Ash's. So childish, yet soothing, like when we were twelve.

"So Gary, the fight isn't over. How about we go search a place to fight?"

"Psh. Your own."