Filling The Void | Chapter Seventeen | Tonight

Start from the beginning

He turns back to me and I smile, "Abby?"

"Abby."

I laugh and just as the front door closes behind me a booming voice filters into the hall.

"Bash! Where is she? I gotta see-"

A blonde head peeks around the corner of the hall and smiles when it sees me. He comes sauntering down the hall and meets us halfway, his hazel brown eyes twinkle at me.

He grabs my hand which I hold out for him to shake and lifts it to his lips, "A pleasure to meet you my-"

Before he can finish Bash pushes him away playfully, "Don't be weird man. It's not a good look on you."

His brother rolls his eyes and they exchange banter.

From what Sebastian has told me, his brother's name is Jack. He's two years older than him and is currently in enrolled in UCLA which to my surprise is the place Bash wants to go too.

I'd never really been one to dream of staying in this town.

My eyes roam over their home, the layout looking similar to mine. There was a living room that hooked onto the kitchen, which had a white theme going. A dining room, that seemed to actually be used as of right now and not just a fancy display like my house.

When my eyes catch a blonde head bent down over a sewing machine I stare.

It was his mom. He'd told me a lot about her, how she dreamed of owning her own clothing company but never did due to his brother Jack and his accidental birth. Apparently, the family was fine with that though, Bash always told me Jack used it as an excuse to get out of things. It never worked.

From what I'd learned about this family and the special smile that he assigned to the telling of stories that involved them, I figured they were close.

I must have been staring too long because his moms eyes look up briefly and she smiles when she sees me. "Aspen!"

She moves around the table, brushing fabric onto the floor in the process. She ignores it and wraps me in a hug, "How are you? I'm Melissa, It's so nice to finally meet you, Bash has told me so much about you-"

I snicker, my smile forming naturally as she takes me in her arms, a floral scent filling the air around us.

"All good things." Bash teases, hip checking me as he joins us in the living room.

Jack appears out from behind him mumbling as he brushes past, "Yep, lots and lots of good things. So many, I was actually starting to hate you."

At this Sebastian Swipes for his head and misses. This is followed by a rough house chasing around the bottom floor of the house and I laugh, turning my attention to Melissa.

"Thanks for having me."

"You're welcome!" Comes a small voice and when I look down to my right I find Abby, the one I'd heard most about.

I let my smile relax, sticking out my hand, "Hi, I'm-"

"Aspen." She grabs my hand, pulling me down gently and cupping her hand around my ear. She was only ten, so I'm surprised when she says, "He told me you were super pretty."

I swallow nervously, flushing a bright pink as I stand, looking to where Bash was currently getting his arm pinned behind his back.

"Don't worry about those two." His mom says, "Come sit, you can help me."

I nod, plopping down in the seat next to her. She had two sewing machines a mannequin and a huge box full of fabric.

I chuckle as I look around, unsure of what to grab. "I've never sewn before so I don't really know about this."