Chapter 8: Four Seasons

"One&Two .. Three&Four .. Five , six.. Remember honey just these simple six step and you can do triple step swing for the party"

"I'm sorry i don't think i will dance for the party, i mean i keep stepping on your foot zen."

"shhhh.. Honey, The most important thing is you had fun and swing your body.. Let those wandering eyes stare with jealousy and you had me as your partner including your instructor. Everything will be fine."

Zen has a big smile on his face and when the song started to play he guide his partner gently while easily doing his dance without making any mistake on his dance moves. He hold his partner's hand tightly to encourage her to relax and enjoy the dance time but the girl keep stepping on his foot and she quickly forgot her next moves.

Mc finally have a break after two hours practicing ballroom dancing with zen. It was her first time dancing for a ballroom and she didn't deny that she was terrible. The king's birthday party was tomorrow and she still stuck in basic step for ballroom dance which lead to her low self- esteem. Moreover, it was reflected on her poor dancing performance. She feel sorry for taking zen precious time to teach her to dance including being a bad partner to him but zen doesn't look disappointed on her. He actually enjoying their personal time dancing together but not the recurrent stepping attack on his foot.

When mc was busy day dreaming, she didn't realise when yoosung slip inside the dance room and persuade zen to let him have a dance with her. The blonde boy with cheerful voice also ignored zen warning about mc being a begginer and he happily holding his partner and start to dance along with the song.

It was a torture when mc keep making a mistake during their dance and seeing yoosung trying to hold back his tears and scream with the constant stepping attack make her decided not to dance with anyone on the party. It was for the best and after saying her honest feeling to zen, he still encouraged her to at least dance a little with him on the party and keep being his dance partner. Now, she realised that the people in the castle were really nice to her and she promised to zen to still be his dance partner anytime he want her.

She took a look at the clock in the dance room and she still got 15 minute playing time before she has to go back to her duty. She was happy that finally she can walk around the castle without having a royal knight guarding her at least on her playing time and she was grateful that his majesty approved her condition to at least have some play time from her duty. It was a waste to just spent all day searching for a way to help the kingdom and to be a choosen one she must at least maintain her social life.

Mc went to the horse stable when she accidentally heard a loud sound and  she saw an old man falling on his back during giving some water for the horse. The old man groan in pain and mc offered to help him. She used her healing power and the old man become healthy again.

The old man thanked her before he turn into a little boy but he explained to her that he was cursed to turn older and younger every two hours. He told her that he was actually 34 years old and mc decided to ask him about saeran's brother. She already going around secretly and asked some of the maid in the castle but it seem they have no clue about someone inside or outside the castle with red hair and glasses. If there was none in Edelweiss then mc decided to try searching for him in Aster or bluebell.

"someone with red hair and glasses i think i know him.."

"really old man!! Then can you tell me where he is now??"

She start to grin and mc can already imagine how happy saeran will be after he heard that she finally find his brother.

"aren't that our king and queen adopted twins. I think i remember both of them have a red hair and one of them wearing a glasses,but after the curse all i know is one of the twin die and the other one went missing.. Actually no one remember what happen but i have met both of them once so maybe that is why i still can remember a bit about them. "

Mc gave her thanks to the old man and she excuse herself before heading to the study room. She was late for the meeting but it was worthwhile since she could find some clue about saeran's brother but something is bothering her.

Mc P. O. V:
If what the old man told was true then, is saeran one of the twins?? But one of the twin already died and saeran has pink hair not red.. But saeran told me that his brother had a red hair.. And the one who is missing had the same figure as saeran's brother.

She decided to think about the mystery later and focus more on her current job. Mc gave a knock on the golden door infront of her before the door slightly open and showing her royal knight, seven. They both gaze at each other before mc start to speak louder that all the guard and maid near the study room have to take a peek on her.

"seven is here!! Open up the gate!!"

"mc is here!! Lit up the fireeee!!"

Seven let the girl infront of him inside the room before he receive a nag from zen who already waiting inside with the others.

"please stop playing around, we're not in a war."

Jaehee gave both of them an advice but jumin and yoosung doesn't seem to bother with their jokes. Jumin started the discussion and it seem they finally able to translate half of the book.

Four seasons,
A sacred place full with fairies,
A place where all the question has their answer,
Only strong bond between two people can lead them to the sacred place,
Choose a question and the fairies will gave you..
Both good and bad answer,
Decide wisely,
Or
Your strong bond might become your weakness..
Your love might betray your answer..
Then..
Sacrifice happen..

Jumin ended his reading and everyone in the room start to gave their opinion regarding the four seasons and it relationship with the curse. Everything seem illogical after reading the translation but jaehee try to encourage her comrade by telling them, the result of her research on the four season.

She was hoping that it was enough for the meantime since she already sacrifice her sleep for two days researching and making report to jumin. If she didn't cursed to never feel any emotions then she can imagine herself having a mental breakdown and crying by herself since the stress of overwork was never to be underestimated.

"after a long reasearch, i found out that the four seasons is actually a popular legend in salvia country but since there were so many bad accidents happen when a couple claimed they found the four seasons basically people just sacred to talk about it. People in salvia used to sing a four seasons song hoping that they will find the four seasons place but until now there were actually no actual way on how to find it. "

Mc told them that she never knew that there were sacred place or the legendary four seasons in salvia although she originally from that country. She never heard anyone in her country sing the four seasons song and she wonder if the bad accident that happen to the people who find the four seasons are the reasons their ancestors stop singing the song.

Zen also agreed that he never heard about the song during his career as a dancer and musical actors. He decided to search for the song since it might actually help in breaking the curse. They need to get as many clue as they can so they will be a progress and if the legend was the answer then zen will do his best to find the song.

"it was illogical to think that there is a place with four seasons in salvia, i don't see any advantage in these clue but what do you think yoosung??"

"Well, i think the four seasons can be a metaphor, but what are the other thing that related to four seasons.. I need to find it"

Yoosung and jumin start to discuss about the possible thing related to the four seasons before seven suddenly speak up his opinion.

"how about we split into a group, jaehee and zen will search about the song. Meanwhile jumin and yoosung will be in charge of that metaphor and me with mc will strengthen our bond and be the guest of honor to go to that place."

Seven sneakily grab mc hand and leave  the study room as fast as he can before everybody gave him their answer to his suggestion. Mc can hear that zen and yoosung nagging at the royal knight action but judging from the situation, it was the royal knight win. After that, mc tighten her hold on seven's hand. He flinch a little by her action and they both continue their run.