Chapter 1: The Cheeky Little Brat

Chapter 1:

The Cheeky Little Brat

I live in a world full of mysteries and secrets. My parents never told me what's happening outside where I always hear a scream of pain, hurt and hatred. I never knew why they always locked me up in this place. Just not to see what is from the other side.

Like now, I'm locked up in a room with a huge glass of window. Staring lifelessly outside, watching the people laughing their heart out. While, I'm here suffering in this closed room. Learning all the things my parents wanted me to know.

To be an heir. What is it exactly? Do heirs need to suffer from being locked up, not being able to see the beauty of the outside world? Do heirs need to be like a robot?
A robot unable to do anything in their own free will.

I heard the door being creaked open. I looked up from my book to see who entered. "Don't you know how to knock, Cherr-" I stopped in mid-sentence.

Who? A little boy?

"Hello, Onee-sama," said the little boy as he bowed down before me. Who is this little boy? I don't remeber him living here. Besides, our servants are all females.

"Who are you? Where did you come from?" I asked as I closed my book to look at him.

"We were invited here by your parents to discuss the marriage they proposed."

Now, that I think about it. Cherry told me that my groom is gonna be here. But he's not my groom, is he? No, of course not! From one look you can distinguish that he is around 12 years old. Maybe, his older brother co'z they wouldn't let me marry a child, would they?

"Is that so?" I stared at him. His clothing is a suit but more look like a cute cosplay suit for me.

"Yes, Onee-sama," he said as he sat like a noble man in the couch.

I sat on my wooden chair. "Why are you the one telling me this and not cherry, by the way?" I recalled as I intertwine both of my fingers.

He put his hand on his chin. "Oh, I just wanted to see you on my own free will."

I pathetically looked down. Free will, huh? I hoisted myself up. "Now, that you're here. Will you tell me who am I going to marry?"

I was interrupted by someone going in my study room. "I was looking all over for you, young ma-" the boy quickly shut him up using his hand to cover his mouth and whispered something which I didn't catch.

What was he going to say? Is there something I should know about?

"He's the one you're intending to marry,"

Horror registered on his face. "W-what? Young Ma-" the boy nudged the man by his elbow. My forehead creased at what I witnessed.

They're really hiding something but nevermind. I don't want to meddle with the affairs of other people.

I went out of my study room thinking that guy is more capable being my groom not with a cute faced-child.

I was walking fast-paced, when I caught the sight of my parents talking to some people's faces I don't particularly know. I entered the room without hesitating and I bowed down, like an heiress should. To greet a guest with such gesture.

"Father, Mother, you should've informed me that My Fiance's parents will be here at this day," I smiled. A smile that is fake and what a fool they are to be deceived by a fake.

"You shouldn't do that, onee-sama," I was taken aback when somebody whispered on my ear and I felt the tingles in my nape.

I consciously touched my nape. What is this child saying? Does he mean--