six

warning: this story will contain stalking, physical violence, and a character death. 

Priya really likes kissing Harry

Ever since the first one they shared on her flat steps a week ago, all she's been able to think about was the effortless way his lips had pressed to hers. The look of brief hesitation in his green eyes, masked quickly by need. While lightning had crackled above them in the sky, she felt a whole other kind of electricity coursing through her veins. One that she'd come to associate with Harry and how he made her feel. It was thrilling, like her own personal brand of danger. Things never ended well when it concerned Harry, but that wasn't stopping her from enjoying the moment.

Once they got started, they found it hard to stop. He'd pull her into an empty office before their meetings, desperate to get a taste of her before they sat through yet another hour of analyzing Evans' supposed movements that ultimately led nowhere. With his fingers in her hair, her back against a wall, his knee gently — but not presumptuously, nudging between both of hers. They found they couldn't get close enough to each other. There were kisses when he dropped her off at home at the end of the day, the warmth of his hand on her waist to keep her steady tingled against her skin well into the next morning.

Priya didn't even want to try to count the amount of time she'd spent covering up hickeys at the bottom of her neck this past week. It was a good thing she went through a turtleneck phase a year back and stocked her wardrobe full of them.

They kissed as if it was as vital as oxygen to them.

Odd, because they still couldn't quite stand each other, but the way he'd rushed to her side that night had softened Priya towards Harry. There was still the elephant in the room concerning their last mission, but for now, the kissing was a good distraction.

But both of them are too apt to be distracted for long.

Priya should've known something was wrong when Harry wasn't waiting for her in a corridor outside of the conference room. She waited, leaning against one of the walls and trying to look busy on her phone. But the minutes ticked away and soon it was time for the weekly debriefing.

When she walks into the conference room, she stops in the doorway. Harry is already seated in his usual seat, his jaw tight and eyes downcast. There's a lot more people in the room than usual and when Director Malik turns and spots her, he quickly ushers her inside completely. "Agent Rai, please take a seat. We need to get started right away." He looks off too and Priya starts to get nervous, ignoring the flare of itchiness that covers her palms.

Nonetheless, she nods and walks around the long table before sinking into her seat next to Harry. He looks up at her and she can tell he wants to say something, but before he can the directors start talking.

"We've managed to get more information from the men we captured last week," Director Tomlinson begins.

One of the older men lets out a scoff, "After some rigorous encouraging."