Chapter 7: The Aftermath

You were standing by the window in the Sanctum, looking out and seeing fireworks going off as everyone celebrated the return of people that were dusted and Thanos being defeated.

You smiled, bittersweetly, at this when you hear footsteps behind you. You turn around and see Stephen walking towards you, a smile on his face. "Hey." He said. "Hey you." You said as he walks up to you. He places his right hand on your left cheek then he leans down and kisses you, you kiss him back as you place your left hand on his right cheek and stroke your thumb across his cheekbone.

He pulls back, reluctantly, from your lips as he takes your left hand and runs his finger over the diamond ring. "You know....I had a planned speech when I was going to propose you." He said and you smile at him. "Oh, really?" You asked. "Yeah, I was gonna ask you that night, before everything happened." He replied. Then he looks down at your ring then he sighs.

"Screw it." He whispers and he pulls the ring off of your finger. "Stephen, what are you doing?" You asked him, confused. "I'm gonna ask you." He said and you chuckle. "What? Wearing that ring for five years wasn't enough?" You asked. "I know, but....I have to let you know how I feel." He said and you giggle again. "Okay, Doctor. Whatever you say." You said as you roll your eyes with a smile.

He smiles then takes in a breath then let's out a sigh as he looks down then back up to you. He looks you in the eyes and said. "When we first met, when you saved me from those muggers back in Kathmandu, I knew there was something special about you. You were the only one that seemed to care about me. And the more I got to know you, the more I started to fall for you, I started to feel like I knew you all my life. You were always patient, kind and caring to me when I felt at my lowest. You didn't judge me, you accepted me for who I am."

Tears began to form into your eyes as he takes your hands in his and continues. "You make me smile, you make me laugh and you make me want to become a better person. And I want to be the man you wanted and need. I want to provide that life for you. I want to fall asleep next to you every night and wake up next to you every morning for the rest of our lives. And I hope, one day, we can raise a family. I love you with all of my heart and my soul." He said as the tears roll down your face.

"So (y/n), will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" He asked and you smiled. "Yes, of course! Of course I'll marry you!" You said and Stephen smiles as he places the ring back on your finger. Both of you look at each other then began to kiss as the fireworks continued to go off in the night starry sky.

Few days later, you were looking over yourself in the mirror. You were wearing a black dress that went down to your knees and had elbow length sleeves and the neck area wasn't too low cut, it showed a little bit of cleavage but not much were it would be considered too distasteful. You also had on black heels and black earrings and your hair was done up how you wanted it.

You sighed heavily as the door to your shared bedroom opened and Stephen, wearing a tuxedo, walks in. "Wow, you look beautiful." He said, astonished. "Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself, Strange." You said, teasingly, and he smiles a bit. "You ready to go?" He asked you. "Yeah, I'm ready." You said and both of you walk out of the bedroom and head towards the entrance of the Sanctum, where Wong, who was also wearing a tuxedo, was waiting.

Wong moves his hand in a circular motion and a portal opens then the three of you walk through it and head over to where they were holding Tony's funeral.

The funeral was beautiful as everyone gathered around and said some kind words to the man that saved the world. A true hero. Eventually, Pepper, Happy and Morgan were sitting inside the house for a few moments listening to a recording that Tony made before he passed. Then they walked out of the house, Pepper holding a bouquet of flowers with Tony's first arc reactor on top of it, and they make their way to the lake. Pepper then sets the flowers on the water and it floats away and all of you were gathered around and watch it float away.