Seventeen

ᴀᴠʏᴀɴɴᴀ

The next week, Chicago Daily's chief editor contacted me.

"Hello?" I answer, not knowing who's on the other side.

"Hello, Good Morning, Avyanna Gill?" A male voice.

"Yes?"

"This is the chief editor of Chicago Daily and I believe we have some talking," I could hear him say, sarcasm in his voice.

I suppress a smile, "Yeah,"

"Great. We meet tomorrow, Panther Cafe. Ten am. Be on time," He says.

The Panther Cafe —fondly known as TPC— a cozy little coffee shop down the road. It gets a little too crowded in winters.

"I will, thank you sir," I nod.

He hangs up.
——

ᴀᴠʏᴀɴɴᴀ

The next day, I wait at the Panther Cafe for a certain Mr Hase.

"Ms Gill?" A man sat down in front of me, taking his sunglasses off. He was quite tall with red hair and a small smirk that I suspect stays constant.

"Yeah, Mr Hase?" I ask.

"That would be me," He nods and pulls out a notepad. "I hear you have something to say to the people,"

"Well, yes," I nod.

"I'm listening," He says, his brows furrowed. "Do you mind if I take a photo for the paper?" I shake my head.

"Okay, so we know—" And there I start.

And I continue talking for a long time. I would say I probably ranted for a while but I tried my best to keep my head focused.

"Okay, so you want to tell people not to shower or what?" He asks.

"I want to tell people not to shower for an hour," I tell him and he nods.

"Nice," He writes a lot.

"Okay, so, and electricity?" He asks.

"Yeah, about that, they both are connected and..."

Around an hour after I initially started, I conclude.

"That's a lot but good information," He looks at the notepad and nods. "You have great speaking skills,"

"Thanks, Mr Hase," I grin.

"It's Lawrence Hase. Please call me Rence," He stretches his hand out.

I shake it. "Avyanna,"

"Nice name," He says, looking back at his notepad.

"Thanks," I smile.

"Very well, then," He stands up. "I think that will be all. Can I have your address?"

"Why?" I ask, standing up.

"I'll send the copy of the newspaper to you," He says, shoving the notepad in his pocket.

"Sure," I nod and tell him the address.

He shakes my hand again. "See you again, Avyanna. Something tells me we'll be seeing each other a lot more,"

I shrug, "We have to see,"

With that, we part our ways and return home.
——

ᴀᴠʏᴀɴɴᴀ

The next morning, around, Tobias and I were talking in my house. It was a weekend.