23

FIVE YEARS LATER

"please give a warm welcome to grace carson!" jimmy fallon said

"please give a warm welcome to grace carson!" jimmy fallon said. the crowd erupted in excitement. grace carson hadn't been on a talk show in three years, ever since she decided she wanted to settle down and be there for her family.

"hi!" grace said as she waved to the crowd, she hugged jimmy, she hadn't seen him in years. the crowd cheered and hollered, tears started to form in grace's eyes. she felt all the love.

"how are you? the kids and zach?" jimmy started.

"we're great! the girls just turned seven. i cried, obviously not around them but you know. they're growing up so fast." grace said.

"wow, i remember when they were just little babies!" jimmy starts, "so you decided to leave the industry when they were how old?" jimmy asked.

"they were two. i didn't want to be the parent living through facetime you know? i wanted to see them grow up, their first step, all that. i think by that point the world had seen enough of me, and i had seen enough of the world." grace smiled at the crowd.

"how are the boys?" jimmy asked. the boys decided to split up about three years ago when zach announced that he would be settling down as well.

"oh um well, jonah's doing great! i'm so proud of him and how much his music career as a solo artist has taken off. jack's been really busy with his kids and his family life, they have the perfect lil family. and daniel is still producing hits, he's doing great. i haven't spoken to corbyn in a couple months but last i heard he was in jamaica!" corbyn doesn't use social media anymore, resulting in he usually doesn't use his phone, he would send postcards or write letters.

"have you told the girls about shawn?" grace smiled, she was able to talk about shawn now and not feel sad, after all it had been nine years since his death.

"yes actually, they always ask 'is uncle shawn coming over today?' or, 'when can we meet uncle shawn?' i always tell them 'you already have,' or 'he's always here with us,' because he is. i see a lot of shawn in ariana, which is really cool but odd at the same time. shawn and i were their age when we met and became best friends so i find it interesting that some of his characteristics are now showing through her. let's me know he's always there, which may sound weird to some. but it's true, he's here. he loves us all." the crowd erupted in applause, some of them crying, jimmy with tears in his eyes, grace with a smile on her face.

grace and jimmy were in the middle of discussing if grace would ever come out with new music again when all of a sudden the crowd starts cheering and hollering. grace looked behind her to see zach, corbyn, daniel, jack, and jonah. her eyes widened, then watered. 'my boys," she thought, 'my family,' she got up and they all group hugged.

"grace carson, zach herron, corbyn besson, daniel seavey, jack avery, and jonah marias, everyone! goodnight!"

they were all so happy, happy that they reuntited, happy they could catch up, happy that they could finally say goodbye to each other one last time before they all moved on with their lives. they were a family, and that would never change no matter what happened.

||
awww it's over :((
thank you all so much for reading this series! your comments made me laugh and your excitement kept me motivated. thanks for coming along w grace and the boys :)
love u, xx