Retaking the Year

Violet's POV:

I yawned and slapped my alarm.

"What date it is..." I moaned before snapping into her senses.

"OH MY GODS TODAY IS FIRST DAY OF HOGWARTS OF THIS YEAR AGAIN!!" I screamed, mentally slapping myself. I grabbed my trunk and whistled for my owl, Blizzard. Being a daughter of Athena paid off being in the wizarding community.

I stuffed a bagel in my mouth and ran out the door in a hurry. Not very Ravenclaw of me, but still.

I barely made it to platform nine and three quarters when my Slytherin friend, yes you heard me right, Thea, caught up to me. Being a daughter of Hecate, houses don't really matter since we're both demigods.

Sure there are other demigod wizards in Hogwarts too, but Thea is the one I first met. And if you're wondering about our schedule, I fly to America for a couple summers in Camp Half Blood with Thea.

Anyway, moving on.

Since last year was seriously disrupted with Moldyshores attacking Hogwarts. Seriously? What kind of name is Voldemort when everybody hears it as Moldefort? Or Fold the Mort? Anyway, wizard spells aren't as effective on demigods. Hell, I can survive Avada Kedavra because of it and Crucio only hurts like I had a papercut. I personally think I'm too overpowered. Oh well.

So I arrived at Kings Cross when I bumped into Thea. She grinned. She's basically the female version of Harry Potter minus the scar and glasses. Her eyes change shades of green too, but it's normally emerald green like Harry's.

"Hey Thea," I said, Blizzard stood on my trunk, chirping at Thea's female owl, Josephine.

"Hey Vi," she said, "I heard Hogwarts are having a couple exchange students over for the year too. From Ilvermony." I shrieked.

"Oh my gods! I hope the Ilvermony is just a front," I said, skipping around. Thea grinned.

"I hope so too. Hey, get through the barrier now," she said and dragged me through. I stumbled through, smiling.

Then I saw a familiar shade of blonde.

"Annabeth?" I asked, she whipped her head towards me. I did mention I'm a daughter of Athena right?

"Violet? You're here too?" She asked. I grinned.

"I'm a Brit," I said, "Well. I'm raised a Brit anyway. How else could I have coped with the mythology weirdness if I don't attend this?" Annabeth laughed. Thea appeared beside me.

"Sup," she said. Annabeth's eyes widened.

"Are there anymore of you guys here?" She asked. I nodded.

"Sure there's some more. We have houses by the way," I said, "We kinda get split with houses. Also everybody kinda hate Slytherins." Thea scowled.

"Stereotype. I hate stereotypes," she said, but brightened up again.

"Hey, who else are with you?" Thea asked.

Annabeth grinned, "Percy, Jason, Leo, Nico, Frank, Piper, Thalia and Hazel." My mouth hung open in surprise.

"All of them?" I asked. She nodded, smiling.

Just then Percy and the others came over. Percy grinned when he saw us.

"You guys too?" He asked. I laughed.

"We're not guys, we're gals. But yeah," I said. Percy eyer our owls.

"You're kidding me right? Owls?" He groaned. Thea laughed.

"Nope, not kidding you. We send mail with owls here. Speaking of which, you guys going to 7th year?" Thea asked. Annabeth shrugged.

"I guess. But not all of us are 17," she said, "I think me and Percy's going to 7th grade, Nico's going to 4th grade, Thalia's 5th grade. How old are everybody anyway?" I shrugged, than my ears pricked up at the sound of the train horn.

"Gods! The train's leaving! If we hurry we might find an empty compartment," I said, "Normally you won't."

"What happened?" Annabeth asked. I winced.

"Well... that's a touchy business for everybody," I said as I haul my trunk up the train.

"Oh look here. Fantasy got herself some friend," a snotty voice said. I scowled.

"Shut up Malfoy," I snapped, "You're in no position to talk. You worshipped a noseless villain named Moldyshores and he died despite having 7 whole horcruxes. So shut up and go eat some sh**" Malfoy scowled, he's still mean, especially towards me and Thea, but the ferocity lessened, since he lost one of his wingman.

"Wait till my father--" he was cut short with Thea saying.

"Hears about this. Come on, Malfoy. Think of better lines. We all know this by heart," Thea said. Malfoy, red faced, stormed away. We're joined soon by the Golden Trio.

"Wow," Harry said, "I never thought to see Malfoy so humiliated." I laughed.

"He should know better than to mess with a Ravenclaw and a Slytherin," I said, "We make a powerful duo." I swung an arm over Thea's shoulder and gave Ronald Weasley a meaningful look.

"So stop stereotyping," I said. He looked away. Nico then walked in and saw the crowd.

"Holy--I thought you were Malf--" Ron was cut off with Thea clamping a hand over his mouth.

"Mind your manners, Ronald," Thea said. Nico narrowed his eyes.

"Let's just escort you somewhere else that does not involve you insulting somebody. Unless it's Malfoy, then I welcome you," I said as I pushed him into another empty compartment.

"Ah. Sorry bout that," I said as I settled down next to Thea, "Ron's not a bad guy, he just... really likes to stereotype people."

Annabeth sighed, "As long as he don't stereotype me as the dumb blonde, I'm fine." The rest of the demigods piled in and we talked. A lot.

The witch carried a tray of candies. Percy lunged towards them. I tried to pull him back. Key word: tried.

"Percy!" I protested as he grabbed all the candy he can. The witch was getting nervous.

"Percy! No more sugar for you!" Annabeth yelled as she pulled Percy back. Percy pouted.

"Finally," I said before grabbing 5 chocolate frogs and taking a bite.

"Oh cool, Nicolas Flamel," I said, "Don't think I have him yet." I pocketed the card. Percy poked Nico.

"You need some of those cards?" He asked. Nico scowled and swatted his hands away.

"Hey Nico catch!" Thea called before tossing a card at him, "Start collecting them!" Nico caught the card on instinct. He gave it a look before pocketing it. Percy feigned a gasp.

"Nico went collecting cards again!" He gasped. The whole compartment gasped along with him. Nico rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on guys." We bursted into another round of laughter.