My Three Conditions

(Song of the chapter is Parachute by Cheryl Cole! I think it's the perfect song for what Nova feels about Ivar, hint.. hint :) )

Day 2 

Ivar's POV

After having a word with my mother, I step into the grand hall for supper. The table is laid out with finest food and drinks. This supper is in honour of my wedding at midnight to Nova. The room is dark as the clouds outside, thunder roars from time to time

The grand rectangle table is occupied by the leaders of our clan whereas the other men sit around in the grand hall on tiny tables. Everyone is excited for their King to bring them a new Queen. There are chatters and alcohol all around.

My mother Aslaug is seated in the middle as I stand at the end of the room, talking to Floki

My mother Aslaug is seated in the middle as I stand at the end of the room, talking to Floki. Hvitserk and Ubbe are nowhere to be seen as of now.

"You are going to be a married man tonight" Floki smirks

"Yes, I promised you a Queen, now my people will have a Queen" I say as I take a sip

"It was all written in the stars" Floki eyes brighten as he points outside the window, "Odin decided Nova for you" he giggles

"May he be correct" I hold up my glass towards Floki and wink

SKOL! 

I turn around to observe the the room a little better as it is the last day as an unmarried man, I want to cherish these moments. I am sure my father, Ragnar Lothbrok would be proud of me. He would have admired Nova for the woman she really is. 

And there she walks in....

She walks in like a cool breeze on thin air, so effortlessly and flawlessly. The green dress and her braided hair with tiny flower in them makes it hard for me to think of anything else as my heartbeat slows down. She walks in and places herself beside my mother as my mother gives her the biggest and the brightest smile.

The room becomes quiet as all the eyes are stuck on Nova and her immaculate beauty.