CHAPTER 1

(Skuld)

The sound of the water falling from the fountain was relaxing, I could feel the cold of the water behind me; looking down on my pleated skirt, I was having butterflies in my stomach again.

It was almost evening here in Daybreak Town, although the sky grew odd clouds that made it darker especially near the clock tower. I laid my head on my lap, why was I thinking about him again?

I let out a sigh and got up again, I almost lost my balance and fell on the fountain behind me. I stood up and just went back to the Foreteller's Chamber and sat on the round table.

"Skuld, are you alright?" said someone.

I sat up and didn't notice Ventus was there the moment I entered, "Y-yeah. I'm fine." My tone was unsure, I just hope he didn't notice it.

"You don't seem so sure." Yup, he noticed it.

I wasn't sure if telling him that I was thinking about Ephemer a lot was alright; I don't think he'd understand but then again, I have no one else to talk to about these kinds of things, I got no girl-friends who're interested since everybody's busy collecting Lux.

Ventus moved his chair close to mine, "C'mon, you can tell me." He gave that sweet innocent look again, it was hard to refuse.

I took a deep breath, "Okay, so you know that feeling when you can't stop thinking about someone, like he or she is always on your mind?"

I saw Ventus bite his lip, "I... I think I--"

The sound of the sudden door opening caught our attention, a certain silver haired boy entered; speak of the devil.

"I still can't figure out what's going on." Ephemer sighed as he sits.

"This happened before, right? Maybe it's just another world like Wreck-It Ralph's world." Ventus told.

"I'm not sure. Because it seemed odder and darker." said Ephemer, leaning back on the chair.

I remained quiet, I wasn't there the last time things had gotten weird neither was Lauriam, he was still looking for his little sister.

"I will go up there again and investigate with Player." Ephemer stood up, Ventus and I just watched him leave.

"Boy, the guy needs a break." Ventus chuckled, tapping on the table.

I sighed, "Yeah, so about my question earlier."

"Let me guess, Ephemer was the one on your mind?" I immediately looked at Ventus with tomato cheeks, "H-How did you-- Was I too obvious?"

Ventus shook his head, "For a guy like him, no. Actually I wouldn't notice either if no one told me."

"Huh? Who told you?"

"Lauriam did, he noticed the way you look at him, it reminded him of how his sister's face used to look when she daydreams." Ventus bit his lower lip again.

I sighed, "Did he tell Ephemer?" Ventus shook his head.

"Lauriam said that if you really like him, you should tell him."

I was taken aback, "I could never." I said as my head looked down.

"Why not?" Ventus asked, "Rejection? C'mon, it's not that bad." He smiled sweetly.

"How'd you know, as if you got rejected before." I pouted.

"No, but it won't be the end of the world." Ventus laughed a little bit.

I breathed out a sigh, "Well, he's way too busy and I don't think he's interested in that kind of stuff."

"Well that's Ephemer for ya' but just go talk to him often. You'll never know, he might return your feelings." Ventus said with a shrug.