s e v e n

taehyung's glimmer of hope had fizzled out upon hearing the female's confusion.

he couldn't stop from openly staring at the female that he could so clearly remember now.

every smile, every laugh, and every kiss was engrained in his memory, yet she didn't even know his name.

"would you like your receipt?" she interrupted his haze as she waved the thin paper in her hand, a forced smile overtaking her once playful features.

"no– no i'm okay, thank you."

taehyung noticed how the female failed to reciprocate his eye contact, eyes darting everywhere but to him.

he moved to turn around dejectedly to leave the flower shop and the female behind him, but a part of him would never be happy if he let this moment go.

"sorry," his deep voice cut through the silence as he faced the female again, "i just wanted to ask– what's your name? you look like someone i know."

it didn't occur to him how painful it was to say those words when his soulmate was standing a few feet away from him, yet a complete stranger.

"euna," she muttered quietly as she finally met his eyes.

'euna,' he repeated over and over through his head.

the name was foreign to him, too strange to be comfortable for him when all he wanted was his jisoo again.

"and you?" she asked politely.

"tae– uh, jaeho," he caught himself at the last minute.

"i'm jaeho, nice to meet you,"

he offered her a smile, yet it failed to reflect in his eyes.