{Chapter Eighteen}

Börja om från början

"What are you smiling for?" Hera snapped out of her daze, cheeks reddening. She composed herself, rolling her eyes at her cousin.

"Absolutely nothing that you should concern yourself with." She huffed, catching sight of The Three broomsticks sign. "We're here, might as well not leave Uncle Lucius waiting."

The duo entered the small pub, filled with Hogwarts students enjoying a pint of butterbeer, and a couple of other adults minding about their own business. In the corner, sat Lucius in a booth, secluded from all else, and waiting for his  son and niece. Draco and Hera joined Lucius in the booth, a waitress came and took their orders of butterbeer.

"Father." "Uncle Lucius." They both greeted the blond-haired man. He greeted them both with a nod. Draco seemed the happiest to see his father, as he started listing off all the things that had happened in the time they haven't seen each other, whilst Hera, sat back and listened to the conversation between both father and son.

"Potter was attacked on the train by dementors, poor bloke. He must be a magnet for all sorts of bad luck." Draco snickered to himself, "Then that bloody hippopotamus-"

"Hippogriff." Hera corrected him.

"Hippogriff, attacked me! All because of that filthy beast they call Hagrid. I don't even know why they hired him as a professor." Draco spoke arrogantly, taking a sip of his butterbeer as he talked.

Lucius hummed in response, "Dumbledore is running Hogwarts like a pack of dogs. Letting primitive beings like that as teachers, he doesn't think."

The conversation continued on for another twenty minutes, before Draco excused himself to join Crabbe and Goyle, on their escapade to Honeydukes and Zonko's. Hera was left with Lucius, she toyed with her thumbs under the table and avoided eye contact with her uncle, a feeling of nervousness grew in the pit of her stomach.

"Cassiopeia," His voice was low and authoritative, "I will have to keep this brief, but you will not utter this to anyone else."

Hera nodded her head, still not looking at her uncle. "Cassiopeia-Hera, you will look at me, when I am talking to you." Lucius said firmly, immediately getting the attention of Hera's eyes.

"You are called for duty, and we need your assistance." "Duty?"

"The Dark Lord commands for your prescence, it is vital in his revival, he's alive but weak. With your help, he'd have eyes and ears, everywhere."  Lucius sat back in his seat, and took a sip from his cup, "It is essential that you take this task."

The heavy feeling in her stomach grew, and the ball in her throat seemed to become bigger. She paled at the mention of the Dark Lord's name. Her fists were clenched under the table as she tried to maintain a straight face, just as her Aunt Narcissa had taught her. "I-I don't know what to say."

"You do not have a choice Cassiopeia, this task...this task will make both Rodolphus and Bellatrix proud of you. They stood in the front lines amongst the Death Eaters. It is one of the greatest honours, working in the favour of the Dark Lord." Lucius spoke, making sure to mention the young girl's parents, knowing it would play on her heart strings due to her loyalty to her parents.

"My...my parents?" This was the first time that Lucius had talked to her about her parents upfront. There were times Narcissa would mention her mother, Bellatrix, but then would brush it off as quickly as she had mentioned it. Hera's heart started to beat faster in her chest. "What is the task?"