It was as if luck was on their side because when they reached a low-walled part of the canyon, the sounds became more and more clear.

Kiburi and Makuu rounded a bend near the cliff wall, having to squeeze through a narrow tunnel in order to get to the other side. It took a while, but both crocodiles managed to make it through, and once out, continued on for a few meters until they reached another part of the canyon. It looked like the one they just came from, except for its low-lying dirt cliffs and high-rising structures of rock, as well as a dust cloud forming in its barren center.

{Wait, a dust cloud? Down here? But, how?}

Kiburi had to do a double take to realize that the large amount of dust that was forming in the canyon was not from gusts of wind, but was rather being kicked-up by an ensuing fight.

"Makuu, I think we've found what we're looking for," Kiburi whispered.

"Yeah, no kidding," Makuu retorted. "What makes you say that?"

"Do you have to taunt me right now?"

"I was just being sarcastic, Kiburi. No need to be so sensitive about it."

"I'm not being sensitive!"

"Could've fooled me."

Kiburi only growled in response, not wanting to waste his time or breath in a petty argument with Makuu. Instead, the crocodiles kept their attentions on the dust cloud. Thankfully, their patience pays off, and soon, two crocodiles stumble out of the fading dust cloud, which eventually reveals two other crocodiles. All of them were Crescent Valley crocodiles, but Kiburi and Makuu only cared about the one that they recognized.

{Tuma.}

"Ah, thank goodness," Kiburi breathed out a sigh of relief. "We finally found him."

"Yeah, and he unfortunately has company," Makuu whispered.

The leaders turned their attentions back to the scene. Tuma was facing off against the largest of the opposing three crocodiles, while its two companions stood nearby. Kiburi didn't see something like this happen very often, but he's seen this strategy used before, often with outlawed crocodile gangs. If there's one thing he knows that those gangs and the Crescent Valley float have in common, it's that they enjoy a dirty fight. In other words, a completely unfair one with loads of tricks.

"Makuu, we have to keep the attentions of those other two off of Tuma before they decide to make a move," Kiburi stated.

"Usually I would ask 'why', but considering the circumstances, I'm pretty sure I know the answer," Makuu replied.

Moving as quickly and quietly as possible, Kiburi and Makuu skirted the edges of the canyon, trying to stay out of sight. While they sneaked into position, they kept their eyes on Tuma. He was wounded and breathing heavily, but a fierce fire was alight in his eyes.

Soon, Tuma and the other crocodile were back to fighting, but it was only when Tuma managed to get the upper claw and pin his opponent that the other two crocodiles began to move closer and closer. Of course, they didn't get very far before Kiburi and Makuu intercepted them, with Kiburi taking on the leaner and most likely faster one while Makuu took on the other, whose build seemed to be more suited for strength rather than speed.

"Kiburi? Makuu? What are you two doing here?" Tuma asked.

"What do you think?" Kiburi snapped. "Zula told us what happened, and after spending the entire evening, night, and possibly early morning looking for you, we finally found you."

"Not that I don't appreciate you two looking for me, but you shouldn't have tried to come after me at all!"

"Why not?" Makuu asked.

The Lion Guard: The Northern Crocodileजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें