32 | Morgan to the Office

March

32 | Morgan to the Office

Thursday, March 1, 2018

><

Insanity:

Requiring individual meetings with the hall advisor for the entire apartment. Except for me, apparently.

><

            One of my absolute least favorite things was a drama queen. It was unnecessary to cause drama in any situation, and especially in a living situation—it was so much easier to simply have conversations with people until you're able to come to a general consensus where everyone is (mostly) happy with the results.

            I had never been one for passive-aggressiveness. I liked to err more on the aggressive side, (1) and if something was upsetting me I was the first to voice it. I tried not to press issues too much...but I tried to, at the very least, bring up my concerns. (2)

The past two weeks had resulted in a growing rift in the apartment, and it was becoming more and more difficult to be able to voice concerns at all. There had been an issue with buying toilet paper a few days back that resulted in an angry roommate group chat and one part of the apartment not talking to the other for a solid day.

Over the course of the past two weeks, everyone in the apartment had had some kind of one-on-one meeting with our building's hall advisor, Stephanie. I had only ever met her once before, during the first week of Fall semester, and she seemed nice enough. Our apartment wasn't exactly allowed to go through Rebecca anymore to resolve issues after everything she had said to (3) me, so that left us going through Rebecca's boss: Stephanie.

            Stephanie had been going through everyone in the apartment one by one, and the last meeting had happened a few days earlier, between Stephanie and Samantha. Only one person in the apartment hadn't been contacted by the hall advisor for her side of what was going on in Apartment 1320: me.

            "What did she even ask you about?" I asked Ashley Thursday night, scrolling through Instagram while she took our enchiladas out of the oven. "Like...why didn't I get an email asking me to come and see her? Everyone else did."

            Ashley shrugged.

            "Honestly, I'm jealous you didn't have to go and talk to her. It's not like it helped anything, and I felt a little weird just dishing on everything going on in the apartment."

            "I know, but I just...I don't know why I'm the only one who didn't get asked about everything. What if Madison and Paige just went to town about how terrible I am?"

            "Yeah, like they would do that." Ashely laughed, "Stephanie didn't even ask me about anyone in particular. They would only have said something about you if they went in there determined to be snitches."

            I laughed.

            "You right. They probably just said they feel left out in the apartment because we stopped inviting them to the gym."

            "There is no way in hell I was going to listen to Madison screaming at me again about how she doesn't need to go to the gym because she's so much skinnier than us to begin with." (4) Ashley shook her head, bringing a plate of enchiladas over to me. "She can continue to have a resting heart rate of 90 while I get a six pack."